United Way of Santa Barbara County (UWSBC) has an exciting new opportunity that will support our goals for United for
Literacy initiative. UWSBC has launched the United Learning Center for individuals and students in need of academic intervention,
support and growth in literacy. The individual we are looking for will deliver individualized and group tutoring to school aged
children grades 1st- 12th. This individual will work with parents, teachers and customers to ensure quality instruction and excellent
• Provide one on one (1:4) and group tutoring in accordance with individual student plans and goals.
• Proficient in all Power Reading tools including program manipulation and data analysis.
• Make recommendations for learning plan modifications to ULC manager based on the individual needs of the student.
• Ensures all cleaning and sanitation protocols specific to Covid-19 as set forth by the Public Health Department and the CDC
are strictly adhered to at all times.
• Develop and deliver final reporting and student progress reports to parents and ULC Manager.
• Work with ULC Manager to develop, modify and execute weekly lesson plans and goals.
• Prepare supplemental materials for tutoring sessions.
• Provide ULC manager with accurate student account activity and information for tracking purposes.
• Maintain a safe and positive learning environment.
• Other duties as assigned.
-Some college/university experience
-Exceptional Organizational Skills
-Two years related experience
-Experience with after school program
-Certified in the Orton Gillingham methods of literacy instruction
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org