OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Program Assistant will support the Emergency Rent Assistance Program (ERAP) as assigned by United
Way’s Vice President, Strategic Partnerships. The ERAP is intended to prevent homelessness by providing rent
assistance to residents who experienced a loss of income due to coronavirus, also known as COVID-19. Program
applicants at or below 50% AMI will be prioritized for assistance and offered additional housing counseling
services. Qualifying residents will be those who already reside in permanent housing and have been timely paying
monthly rent up to March 1, 2020.
The Program will provide rent and/or utility subsidy, for qualifying households who cannot pay rent or utility
expenses because of a loss or reduction of income due to COVID-19. Qualifying households are eligible to
receive, up to a total of 18-months of rental and or utility assistance. Payments will be made directly to the
owners or managers of the rental units or utility companies on behalf of the tenants.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• Support the ERAP Program Coordinator with applicant communication and award processes for the
County Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP).
• Serve as the first point of contact with members of the public who call or walk-up to UWSBC office
• Provide direct clerical, administrative, and professional support to the ERAP Program staff
• Respond to all applicant inquiries regarding application/award status, application process, eligibility
• Communicate with landlords as needed to ensure payments are received and applied as stated in
• Assist with all aspects of award mailings.
• Coordinate check pickups with applicants and partner agencies.
• Respond to partner issues, applicant questions and challenges in a thoughtful and professional
• Work with internal UWSBC staff to deliver reports, statistical data and analysis in a timely manner.
• Work independently, as well as part of a team.
• Maintains confidentiality of clients, programs, agency and United Way of Santa Barbara County.
• Translate all printed and digital materials into Spanish.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred, however, three years of experience working in social services, with strong
knowledge base of local resources will qualify.
• The ideal candidate must have a clean driver’s license
• Bi-Lingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
*Note this is a temporary position
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.