Event and Programming Coordinator
We are seeking a highly organized and experienced Event and Programing Coordinator to join our team at DANA. In this role, you will be responsible for educational programming for the organization, coordinating and planning a variety of events throughout the year, including fundraising events, programming events, and Adobe tours. We seek individuals who can work independently, are detail-oriented, reliable, and have a desire to be part of a dynamic and challenging work environment. The key responsibilities of this role include:
- Coordinating and planning 5 fundraising events per year
- Coordinating and planning 4 programming events per year, including Summer Camp, hands-on immersion days, and classes.
- Acting as the Docent Coordinator and overseeing the scheduling of weekend tours and event volunteer opportunities
- Conduct private tours weekly
- Providing docent training to new volunteers
- Scheduling, planning, and teaching field trips
- Attend meetings
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Previous experience in recreation, education, or event management is suggested
- Familiarity with QuickBooks, Microsoft programs, Canva, and CRM platforms is also required.
- Must be deadline and detail-oriented, organized, able to handle a full workload and must hold a valid driver’s license.
If you have a passion for event planning, California History, nonprofits, and a track record of successfully coordinating and executing events, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity at DANA
- Monday to Friday
- With some weekends
Ability to commute/relocate:
Work Location: One location- in person