United Boys & Girls Clubs of Santa Barbara County is hiring at multiple locations.
Locations: Santa Barbara Downtown Unit, Santa Barbara Westside Unit, Carpinteria Unit, Lompoc Unit.
Plans, implements, supervises, and evaluations programs in 5 core areas including; education, arts, recreation, athletics, and technology. Develops and fosters healthy relationships, with all youth, in assigned shared space.
Key Job Responsibilities:
• Ensures programs and activities meet member’s needs, including safety, enrichment, and quality
• Plan, organize, and implement a range of activities for youth daily
• Initiate new and creative program ideas, promoting and stimulating program participation
• Identify new opportunities for programs to capture needs and interests of member.
• Monitor and evaluate programs against target goals, using pre and post testing if available
• Ensure a healthy and safe environment for youth
• Train and monitor assigned volunteers providing feedback and growth opportunities, as needed
• Engage parents regarding opportunities and expectations of youth, as well as General Club participation
• Engage and encourage youth to bring friends to programming and Club activities.
• Participate in weekly staff meetings and monthly United Boys & Girls Clubs staff trainings
• Work with staff on special events and facilitate programs in other departments as needed
• Other various duties as assigned
• High School diploma or equivalent required
• AA degree preferred, but not required
• Passion to work with youth of various ages
• Ability to deal effectively with members, including discipline problems
• Adaptability and flexibility to changes in work environment
Leave a Response