DIRECTOR OF NURSING (DON)
Hillside is an Intermediate Care Facility (ICF) that is home for 59 individuals with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities (I/DD); we support our resident’s efforts to maximize their abilities in an environment where people are treated with dignity and respect. We offer our employees a supportive, interesting and beautiful work environment on a 24 acre campus in Santa Barbara. We provide staff with two free meals daily, and have overnight accommodations for those who have a long commute. We offer health, vision and dental insurance, 401K, and generous vacation and holiday time off.
Director of Nursing – Are you a Registered Nurse seeking a great, new position? Good communication, analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills will be keys to success in this position. the Director of Nursing will be a valued member of our leadership team, and will be responsible for the supervision and scheduling of all nursing staff, oversight of our resident’s health care, review/revision and development of nursing policies and procedures. Familiarity with Title XXII a plus.
Work Characteristics and Required Skills:
- Strong knowledge of I/DD service systems. Prior hands-on experience in I/DD and/or Intermediate Care Facilities (ICF) work
- Ability to supervise and motivate others, and to provide effective employee training
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently according to strict timelines/schedules, and the ability to prioritize the workload
- Ability to assess, evaluate and monitor all relevant areas
- At least 3 years of RN experience, with at least 1 year in the I/DD field
- Demonstrated ability for self-direction in work
- Valid California Driver’s License and proof of automobile insurance
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products – Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, etc.
This job description is a summary of the Director of Nursing’s primary job responsibilities and is not all0inclusive.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000 – $105,000 per year, depending on experience
To apply, please email your Cover Letter and Resume to Gail Metzger, Director of Operations, at email@example.com.