The Wildling Museum of Art and Nature in Solvang is excited to be recruiting for the new position of Membership & Development Associate. This is a full-time, non-exempt position focused on membership and donor gift processing, overall database work (Bloomerang) and special event support including organizing silent and live auctions and being a liaison with venues, caterers, sponsors, etc. Details below:
Membership and Development Associate
Full-time, Non-exempt, with benefits
This new position, as part of our small, hardworking team, will expand the Wildling’s ability to fundraise by helping to better serve our members and donors, grow our membership, improve database entry and reporting, support our special events, manage our annual silent auction and more.
Membership and Gift Administration
- Process donations, memberships, and other gifts to the Museum from initial receipt, to entering into the database, and ensuring proper acknowledgement
- Maintain and update constituent records, including, but not limited to, maintaining cycles of lapsed and dropped members, printing/mailing membership cards, updating contact information. Add details to donor records as they become known—birthdays, family names, photos, etc.
- Work proactively to ensure Wildling volunteers, board members, and advisory council are identified and updated in the database
- Maintain paper and electronic files relating to membership, annual fund and other gifts as needed
- Support ongoing reconciliation in consultation with other staff. Build, pull, and update queries, mailing lists, and exports as needed
- Support direct mail and email campaigns as directed
- Work directly with members and donors to solve payment or any data issues
- After consultation with senior staff, develop and manage 2-3 members-only events each year
- Work with executive director on helping to organize 1-2 high level donor events
- Be a voice for our members and donors during event planning efforts
- Recruit new members at various events throughout the year
- Encourage staff, volunteers and board members to recruit new members
- Special event support: auction item collection and recording, managing live and silent auctions (creating bid sheets, photographing, listing, connecting items with buyers after the event, etc.) coordinating with venues and caterers, venue research, developing and tracking event budgets with senior staff
- Prior experience with databases: entry, reports, maintenance
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications as well as ability to learn new systems
- BA preferred but relevant experience will be taken into consideration
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Conscientious and detail-oriented; must have an appreciation of the necessity of following through with paperwork, record-keeping, documentation, and donor confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to work cooperatively to prioritize tasks and accommodate many different and/or conflicting concerns
- Understanding of working in a small team environment and need to support other team members
- Adaptability, ability to handle a heavy workload and maintain a sense of humor
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary Range: $53,000 – $56,000. Benefits include 80 hours vacation; vision, dental and health; retirement plan, and a supportive team culture. This position is a full-time, non-exempt position.
Please submit a resume, and a compelling cover letter, to Stacey Otte-Demangate at email@example.com with the subject: Development Associate. Open until filled. No phone calls please. Applicants with the most relevant experience and qualifications suitable for the position will be contacted for an initial phone interview.
The Wildling Museum of Art and Nature is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Downloadable Job Description: tinyurl.com/3thpydvm