How would you like to lead a strong team that supports youth and their families? Come join CommUnify’s team as a Director of Family & Youth Services! Our agency provides employees with a positive work environment with the ability to balance work & home. We provide excellent benefits that include: medical, dental, vision/sick, vacation & holiday pay/Retirement Plan with a 5% match.
This position is full-time with full benefits and starts out at $87,089.60 annually. Position works in Goleta, but Countywide travel is required.
Summary: The Director of Family & Youth Services (FYS) is responsible for the overall management of the FYS Department. Responsibilities include providing leadership to program management staff and planning, directing, organizing, and monitoring program operations, activities, services, and staff, consistent with contract requirements and Agency policies and procedures. Responsible for the integration of Results-Oriented Management & Accountability (ROMA) principles at all program levels and oversight of the Universal Intake and data management system. Establishes the vision and strategic direction for the department, identifies best practices and other interventions consistent with the agency’s strategic plan and seeks funding opportunities to support mission-aligned programming.
Supervisory Responsibilities Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of staff assigned under the Family/Youth Services program. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Agency policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop and maintain effective communication strategies and relationships with local school officials, Probation, Behavioral Wellness, State of California representatives, and other key community stakeholders.
- Ability to manage multiple program budgets, analyze variances and identify/implement solutions to ensure the financial success of programs and the viability of services.
- Develop and maintain networking relationships with public and private agencies that provide supporting services to at-risk youth and their families.
- Ensure timely recruitment of staff and ensure all staff members have the appropriate orientation, training, and onboarding activities necessary for success under specific contracts.
- Interface closely with the leadership team, especially the CFO and CEO, to develop and monitor contract budgets, ensuring performance-based contracts remain within ten percent (10%) of targeted performance.
- Works with the Development team continuously to research and apply for mission-aligned funding for programs.
- Create a cohesive team culture that builds upon the talent and strengths of individuals and programs across department programs and services.
- Meet regularly with program managers, both as a group and individually, for program updates and issues, to plan program events/trainings, and to provide feedback and support.
- Develops logic models, measures, and standards to evaluate program outcomes with Program Managers.
- Ensure contracts are monitored, and reports are submitted in a timely manner (FYS Director and Program Managers) and provide assistance as needed to Program Managers to complete reports.
- Assign, develop, train, supervise, and evaluate program managers and coordinators and their work.
- Make recommendations to the CEO and Human Resources Director on personnel actions such as employment, retention, promotion, discipline, and termination.
- Monitor procurement activities in the program.
- Attend community events benefiting target populations.
- Work with Human Resources on recruitment and hiring of FYS staff and employee issues, including staff reductions.
- Participate in Agency Planning Committee meetings and other mandatory Leadership Team and Board activities as required and requested.
- Participate in and contribute to various community boards and associations such as Kids Network, South Coast Youth Safety Partnership (primary), Juvenile Justice Coordinating Council, Behavioral Wellness Community-Based Organizations (CBO) meetings, Cal-SOAP Advisory Board, and CalVIP oversight council.
- Attend all quarterly meetings with local, county, and state funding agencies.
Education and/or Experience Possession of a Bachelor’s degree in Counseling, Social Work, Education, Public Health, Administration or related field and a minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible management experience in a family development program. Master’s degree strongly preferred. Two (2) years direct experience in managing government funded programs, including program/budget planning and supervision is highly desired. Knowledge of Program performance-based contracting strongly preferred.
Computer Skills To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Project Management software, Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations Current valid California Driver’s license.
Other Skills and Abilities Ability to speak Spanish desirable.
Please note: CommUnify has a mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy with ability to request a vaccination accommodation due to medical or religious reasons.
Leave a Response