We have an immediate position available for a temp, full-time Finance Associate at a non-profit safety net organization with government and private funding. Full-time training for the position can begin immediately to cover a month-long vacation for our current Finance Associate which begins January 17, 2023. Responsibilities include accounts payable, accounts receivable, Quickbooks entry, processing donor and other financial transactions and entering into Quickbooks. Reconciling bank and credit card statements and earned income receipts. Assisting with compiling and preparing government reporting backup documentation. Invoicing. Processing financial assistance requests Applicants MUST have substantial Quickbooks experience and be proficient at Quickbooks. Salary $20.00 – $30.00 per hour DOE.
Perform the daily internal bookkeeping tasks including:
- Accounts payable and receivable
- Record daily transactions into QBO (Deposits, Expenses)
- Cash forecasting
- Account statement reconciliations
- Check runs
- Deposit Checks at Bank
- Track grants and donations
- Report daily check payment notifications to the bank
- Monitor and analyze accounting data and produce financial reports or statements
- Enforce proper accounting methods, policies, and principles
- Maintain fiscal files and records to document transactions
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, QuickBooks, and using databases
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data
- High attention to detail and accuracy
KEY ATTRIBUTES NECESSARY FOR SUCCESS:
- A true team player willing to roll up your sleeves and do what needs to be done to succeed
- Ability to work autonomously and take ownership
This is a fast-paced job with a lot of responsibility. Attention to detail is key, as is the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and track and meet deadlines. Exceptional references and a demonstrated ability to perform job functions are required. A background check will be conducted. Position begins ASAP. This is not a remote position.
Send resume, cover letter and a list of three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we feel you are a good match for the position, you will be contacted to schedule an interview as soon as possible. Thank you for your application!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; ancestry; national origin; religion/creed; sex/sexual orientation; gender; gender identity/expression, transition; political affiliation or beliefs; disability, medical condition, generic information, marital status; military/veteran status; pregnancy and conditions related thereto.; or any other characteristic protected by law (as defined by the California Fair Employment and Housing Act — Government Code Section 12900-12996), except where such discrimination is based on a bona fide occupational qualification.