Development Analyst, Social Sciences
Summary of Job Details
Under general supervision, serves as the analyst for the Social Sciences Development Team in the Office of Development, supporting a complex and multifaceted program in coordination with Central Development’s Prospect Services Unit and Donor Relations & Stewardship. Provides leadership for all analytical functions that support the strategic goals, initiatives and projects leading toward the philanthropic support from individuals, foundations and organizations to the Social Sciences. Under the general supervision of the Assistant Dean of Development and/or his/her designee, establishes, develops and maintains comprehensive systems within the unit in coordination with central Development Office; supports the Social Science Development Team in short- and long-term strategic planning and project management for program development and implementation which is focused on achieving operational and fundraising goals for the Social Sciences. Proactively plans, organizes, and attends strategy meetings and coordinates outreach and follow up for major gift prospects; prepares materials and reports that analyze the activities, progress, and goals of the Social Sciences Team; ensures the consistency, timeliness and accuracy of information disseminated to donors, prospects, and internal constituents. Reviews and analyzes data as it relates to fundraising strategies and prospect identification and management and associated trends. Coordinates communication and works closely with the Prospect Services, Development Communications and Donor Relations & Stewardship units on collaborative projects and related prospect issues. Identifies, manages and completes special projects for other fundraising goals as needed. Responsible for a high level of prospect and gift analysis and research, providing analytical reporting to the Directors of Development, Social Sciences, Assistant Dean of Development and Dean of Social Sciences as appropriate. Adheres to best practices and policies as outlined by the Prospect Services Unit. Maintains regular communication about research and prospect management projects working in direct coordination with the Prospect Services Unit. Proactively identifies issues and solutions, and makes recommendations to the Team. Must be able to work under pressure of frequently shifting priorities and deadlines. This role contributes to the overall goals and success of the unit, as well as the success of the campus-wide fundraising enterprise. Knowledge and understanding of a complex fund raising program is essential to providing effective leadership. The Analyst will be privy to sensitive materials, information and planning, therefore, the position requires the utmost degree of confidentiality. Maintains in depth knowledge of University policies and procedures and state and federal regulations related to fund raising and accepted business practices; uses exceptional analytical skills, excellent composition, grammar and editing skills, and various database and software tools necessary to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Knowledge and understanding of a complex fund raising program.
- Exceptional verbal and interpersonal skills that foster positive relationships with diverse populations.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality in all aspects of work.
- Ability to prioritize duties and achieve planned goals for a complex program.
- Ability to work under tight and shifting deadlines; strong organizational skills and attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to effectively solve problems and demonstrate sound reasoning and judgment.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to interpret policies and procedures and accurately communicate them to others.
- Experience with donor database or CRM software (e.g. Advance, Raiser’s Edge, Blackbaud, etc.) preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field Preferred
To view complete job description and apply online, please visit:
Development Analyst, Social Sciences
Leave a Response