- Participate in planning and executing Active Treatment for residents that includes choice in daily activities and a varied array of person centered and group activities.
- Maintain continuous communication with Program Director, QIDPs and Nursing Staff regarding daily events.
- Interact in a positive and professional manner with residents, staff and visitors at all times.
- Implement residents’ Individual Program Plan objectives and document resident’s level of functioning and degree of progress with regard to IPP objectives.
- Understand and implement resident behavior plans and complete behavior intervention trainings as required.
- Comfortably lead classes that require public speaking, leadership and teaching.
- Constructively motivate residents to participate in individual and group activities.
- Meet the need of residents, or seek out the appropriate person or department to meet the individual needs of residents at all times.
- Perform basic hygiene tasks with residents such as nail hygiene, hand washing, face washing, hair styling, etc.
- Instruct residents in daily living skills to increase independence and create the least restrictive environment.
- Attend orientations, in-service training sessions and meetings monthly as required.
- Abstain from using cell phones or other electronic devices while working with the residents.
- Provide transportation to and from community activities and medical appointments as needed.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
One year experience or training working with developmentally disabled individuals preferred. Degree in psychology, education or related field preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to understand and implement complex behavior plans. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS Valid California driver’s license and clean DMV record.
Obtain CPR certification within 90 days of hire, and maintain current CPR certification throughout term of employment
Leave a Response