We are looking for a caring Community Relations Coordinator to help us expand, maintain, and nurture our relationships with our senior and nonprofit community partners, focusing on Northern Santa Barbara County with some activity in Southern Santa Barbara County. Our ideal team member will have excellent organizational, communication, and writing skills; social media and marketing skills; and be able to foster relationships with both individuals and organizations. This position is the principal ambassador for the organization, often speaking publicly to attract and recruit both clients and volunteers within the local community to fulfill our mission of assisting seniors to age in place by providing non-medical volunteer assistance for doctor appointments, grocery shopping, friendly visits, and socialization.
Effectively leads all aspects of public relations, including social media outreach, and client and volunteer recruitment. Ensures and works with the management and marketing team on public relations and recruitment efforts. Networks with community groups to strengthen and expand recruitment of volunteers. These include religious and faith communities; ethnic and cultural groups; health and human service providers; business, service clubs, education, and neighborhood groups.
- Creates and leads strategies into actionable steps to recruit new clients and volunteers from our communities to meet our recruitment and outreach goals.
- Be the key contact for the organization, with the responsibilities of recruitment of new clients and volunteers while also delivering the organization’s mission.
- Collaborate with marketing staff on recruitment and outreach campaigns ensuring clear communication, organization, and a positive image of the agency.
- Recruit and onboard new clients and volunteers.
- Lead and collaborate in the development of promotional materials.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Monitors progress toward recruitment and outreach goals.
- Organize and coordinate events or activities that promote outreach and recruitment of new clients and volunteers with the support of other CPC staff.
- Work with marketing on social media strategies to raise and maintain brand awareness as well as expand and strengthen CPC’s online profiles.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute press conferences, interviews, and written communications with press.
- Attend relevant events and activities to represent the organization.
- Draft and distribute various communications that promote the organization’s need and mission.
- Respond to inquiries about our program services, and onboarding new clients and volunteers.
- Build and maintain presentation materials.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Disclaimer: The information presented indicates the general nature of work expected. It is not designed to contain, nor be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of this job. Activities will require the incumbent to travel within CPC’s service areas.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related or social service-related field and a minimum of 2 years of volunteer recruitment or community relations experience. Sales and business development experience may substitute. Preference will be given to previous experience within a non-profit organization.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish)
- Strong communication skills both oral and written
- Excellent writing and editing skills, including social media postings
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Ability to network
- Commitment to greater than 40% on-duty time spent out of office leading and conducting outreach and recruitment for new clients and volunteers.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suites and Google Suites.