The Santa Barbara Center for the Performing Arts (SBCPA) is dedicated to providing best-in-class production, sales and administrative support to arts organizations from throughout the Santa Barbara region, including its Historic Theatre District partners as well as its eight resident companies. The SBCPA’s most visible service is operation of The Granada Theatre.
What You’ll Do
The bookkeeper will be able to establish and maintain the organization’s accounting principles, practices, procedures, and initiatives, as well as handle all general accounting and bookkeeping functions, concentrating on accounts payable; accounts receivable and deposits; general ledger, merchant account, and bank reconciliations; periodic regulatory reporting; cross train for payroll, and completing monthly, quarterly and year end close, timely and accurately.
What You’ll Need to Get the Job Done
· Associates’ or Bachelors’ degree in accounting or appropriate field, or demonstrated equivalent experience.
· 3-5 years’ experience in accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll and payroll reports
· Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
· Proficient at analyzing financial data and promptly creating accurate reports
· A thorough knowledge of accrual and cash basis of accounting
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel and Quickbooks
· Experience in services related to payroll such as writing checks and submitting payroll taxes
· Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
· Highly organized, attentive, flexible and able to deal with frequent interruptions and changing priorities
· Accuracy and attention to detail
· Ability to multitask, collaborate and communicate well with individuals of all backgrounds in a fast-paced environment
· Reliable and committed to consistently meeting deadlines.
· Show the ability to adapt and learn new techniques and skill sets when required
What Will Really Interest Us About You
· You have proficiency in Quickbooks Enterprise
· You are a super-user of Excel and reporting capabilities
· You are punctual and diligent
· You are a skilled multi-tasker
What Will Really Interest You About Us
Benefits include health, dental and vision, and a 403b Retirement Plan with an employer match after one year of service. An atmosphere of learning and opportunities to increase skills and knowledge and develop a career. Downtown Santa Barbara office in the beautiful Granada tower. A wonderful team dedicated to supporting the arts.
The Santa Barbara Center for the Performing Arts is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in all areas of its operations.
To apply, go to www.granadasb.org/About/Careers and follow instructions to complete the employment application. Submit application with resume, cover letter and references. No phone calls please.