The Santa Barbara Center for the Performing Arts (SBCPA) at the Granada Theatre is dedicated to providing best-in-class production, sales and administrative support to arts organizations from throughout the Santa Barbara region. SBCPA is making it possible for many of Santa Barbara’s finest performing arts organizations to present their programs with the highest level of contemporary production support and audience comfort.
What You’ll Do
The Front-of-House Assistant, under direction of the House Manager, shall provide excellent customer service to patrons during events at the Granada. Work will include preparation of the theater space, such as setting up tables, chairs, programs and minor cleaning.
The work schedule is based on the events scheduled. The hours are highly variable and generally limited to 15 hours or less per week. Some weeks may have no hours. Most hours will be at night and may be any day of the week, including weekends, and holidays.
The Front-of-House Assistant must be able to represent the Granada Theatre effectively and professionally at all times.
· Provide excellent customer service for patrons including resolving issues and complaints.
· Monitor people and events to ensure patron and volunteer safety and adherence to rules.
· Work and communicate well with volunteer ushers.
· Assist in emergencies. Need First Aid Certification. (can be completed after hire)
· Move and lift program boxes, tables, chairs, and other furniture and equipment as needed.
What You’ll Need to Get the Job Done
· Must be able to frequently climb stairs, walk and stand for prolonged periods of time. (4-5 hours minimum)
· Must be able to adapt quickly and effectively to changing circumstances.
· Must be able to react professionally and independently in assisting patrons in difficult and emergency situations.
· Communicate effectively and courteously with the public, co-workers and a large team of volunteer ushers.
· Must have great attention to detail.
· Must be able to lift equipment and supplies weighing up to 35 pounds.
· Proficient with Windows, Microsoft Office Word and Excel, email and other web-based apps.
· The employee will occasionally work in a moderately loud environment.
What will Really Interest Us About You
· Previous experience in a front-of-house position in a performing arts center, theater or conference center.
· Previous customer service in other fields, fast-paced places, such as restaurants or museums or non-profits.
· Some previous office experience.
What will Really Interest You About Us
A superb team dedicated to excellence in customer service. Working in an impressive, historic theater venue. Engaging the community in supporting the arts. An atmosphere of learning and opportunities to increase skills and knowledge. Flexible scheduling. Downtown Santa Barbara office in the beautiful Granada Tower.
Go to www.granadasb.org/About/Careers and follow instructions to complete the employment application. Submit application with resume, cover letter and references. No phone calls please.
The Santa Barbara Center for the Performing Arts is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in all areas of its operations.