Title: Advancement Associate
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Status: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Position Summary: The Music Academy is inviting applications for its Advancement Associate position. This position is a valued member of the Advancement team that coordinates the Academy’s fundraising and donor cultivation programs. They are engaged in a wide variety of projects by supporting advancement personnel, donor events, fundraising solicitations, and by overseeing the production of printed and digital collateral. The Advancement Associate also oversees gift entry and reporting. This position offers an excellent opportunity for those looking to join a positive and highly successful team to either begin or further develop a career in nonprofit fundraising.
• Support each member of the Advancement team on preparation for fundraising asks, special projects, and special events
• Support all direct mail and email fundraising campaigns and coordinate the development and creation of individual giving collateral
• Play an active role in planning and executing organizational special events
• Oversee the organization’s NXT/Raiser’s Edge donor database, including:
o Entering all donations and constituent information
o Coordinate the acknowledgement letter process
o Pull advancement solicitation and event mailing queries
o Prepare monthly advancement reports in collaboration with the Finance department
• Oversee donor benefit fulfillment
• Oversee Advancement-related content on the Music Academy website
• Other duties may be assigned
This position reports to the Director of Development. It includes essential job functions which require on-site office attendance.
The Music Academy values diverse colleagues who thrive in a collaborative, highly communicative workplace. Our administration collectively informs and agrees upon the organization’s expectations for teamwork, including a positive, goal-oriented environment that positions every employee for success. This position is great for someone who:
• Has a passion for customer service and building relationships
• Enjoys interacting with diverse personalities and age demographics
• Has excellent time management and organizational skills
• Is detailed oriented
• Ability to work on a team collaboratively with minimal supervision and adapt to changing work priorities and schedules
Benefits and Compensation:
This is a non-exempt, full-time position. Compensation is $20-27 per hour, commensurate with skills and experience. Music Academy provides a comprehensive benefit package for full-time employees, which includes health and dental coverage, life insurance, paid vacation and sick leave and a 403(b) plan.
Please email a letter of interest and current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the Subject Header MAW Advancement Associate. No phone calls, please. A background screening will be performed as a condition of employment. All administration, faculty, and fellows on campus must provide proof of COVID vaccination.
The Music Academy of the West is an equal opportunity employer. We aim to create a diverse and inclusive work environment, and we value each employee’s unique experiences and perspectives.
About the Music Academy:
The Music Academy creates a space where exceptional talent can thrive by encouraging artists to stretch, experiment, improvise, and play. We give artists the tools they need to become not just great musicians but great leaders. With the sun shining brightly on possibility and potential, we unleash the creators who will reimagine the future of classical music. We catalyze the change that will propel classically trained musicians boldly forward. For more information, visit musicacademy.org.