Title: Office Manager & Welcome Concierge
Department: Finance & Administration
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Status: Full-time, Non-Exempt
The Music Academy is inviting applications for an Office Manager & Welcome Concierge. This vital position serves as the first stop for all Academy visitors, program participants, and dynamic administration from our Front Office. This person provides administrative and clerical support to the administration, President & CEO and Board of Directors. This is a great opportunity for someone who has a passion for connecting with people of all ages – from children to seniors – and who has an optimistic and joyful approach to helping people. They should exude generosity, courteousness, and friendliness, and have an eye for detail. A passion for music and our musicians is a plus!
• As Front Office receptionist, welcome visitors to the Music Academy campus and provide excellent customer service in person and via phone
• Review master calendar daily to understand activities on campus and open/close spaces for meetings
• Proactively learn about the Music Academy’s programs and activities so that they may answer the public’s questions as an ambassador representing the Music Academy
• Ensure meeting spaces and kitchen are kept in neat working order and collaborate with Facilities to arrange cleaning and set-ups as needed
• Coordinate coffee and refreshments as needed
• Collaborate with Events Coordinator, CFO, and CEO to plan and set up quarterly Board meetings, administrative events, and other activities
• Provide administrative support such as scheduling, preparation for meetings, photocopying, distributing mail, and managing phones
• Manage content on online Administration and Board portals
• Manage office and kitchen supplies inventory: purchasing, budgeting, and vendor relationships
• Maintain office equipment (copiers, postage meter, etc.) and order service as needed
• Coordinate technology and telecommunication needs with outsourced IT and telephone consultants
• Assist staff with postage/mailing procedures and manage contracts with shipping carriers
• Monitor usage of printed stationery and order as needed
• Assist with incoming check log, expense reports, and basic financial or administrative tasks
• Occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 25 pounds.
• Communicate interdepartmentally and assist with artistic, social media, innovation, and alumni special projects.
Other duties may be assigned.
This position reports to the Senior Director of Finance & Administration. It includes essential job functions which require on-site office attendance.
The Music Academy of the West values diverse colleagues who thrive in a collaborative, highly communicative workplace. Our administration collectively informs and agrees upon the organization’s expectations for teamwork, including a positive, goal-oriented environment that positions every employee for success. This position is great for someone who has:
• A passion for customer service and excellent social skills
• An interest in music or other performing arts
• An eye for detail and a knack for problem-solving
• The ability to work on a team collaboratively or with minimal supervision and adapt to changing work priorities and schedules
Benefits and Compensation:
This is a non-exempt, full-time position. Compensation is $20-27 per hour, commensurate with skills and experience. Music Academy provides a comprehensive benefit package for full-time employees, which includes health and dental coverage, life insurance, paid vacation and sick leave and a 403(b) plan.
Please email a letter of interest and current resume to email@example.com, using the Subject Header MAW Office Manager. No phone calls, please. A background screening will be performed as a condition of employment. All administration, faculty, and fellows on campus must provide proof of COVID vaccination.
The Music Academy of the West is an equal opportunity employer. We aim to create a diverse and inclusive work environment, and we value each employee’s unique experiences and perspectives.
About Music Academy of the West:
Music Academy of the West creates a space where exceptional talent can thrive by encouraging artists to stretch, experiment, improvise, and play. We give artists the tools they need to become not just great musicians but great leaders. With the sun shining brightly on possibility and potential, we unleash the creators who will reimagine the future of classical music. We catalyze the change that will propel classically trained musicians boldly forward. For more information, visit musicacademy.org