Job Description: Administrative and Operations Coordinator
Founded in 1985, The Land Trust for Santa Barbara County is a 501(c) (3) tax exempt California non-profit Corporation that conserves natural resources, agricultural land, and open spaces for the benefit of present and future generations. This an exciting time for conservation in our community. We are currently experiencing tremendous growth in opportunities to conserve land and to engage with community partners. We are expanding our staff and adapting roles to meet the current high demand for our work. We seek a perceptive, adaptive individual to oversee office operations and provide critical support to each department serving as Administrative and Operations Coordinator.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position reporting to the Operations Manager. The Administrative and Operations Coordinator is an essential role responsible for general office systems and communications to maximize quality and efficiency. The position will also support the work of the Executive Director, Operations Manager, Development & Communications Team, the Conservation Team and the Board of Trustees. The individual best suited to this position will be analytical, knowledgeable and organized with a proactive attitude and sense of service. This is a full-time position, however, as part of our commitment to making this a supportive work environment, we are open to a 35 hour per week schedule for the right candidate.
- Perform receptionist duties and represent the organization on the phone and in person.
- Plan, schedule, and support Land Trust office activities.
- Coordinate all standing meetings, and others as needed by the Executive Director.
- Maintain current board/committee rosters and email groups and assist in preparation and distribution of agendas and minutes.
- Prepare business correspondence and forms, assist with outgoing & incoming mail.
- Collect, organize, and store organizational information online and in hardcopy.
- Coordinate with office vendors, including IT, and interface with property manager to ensure the office is stocked with necessary supplies and that equipment and facilities are properly maintained.
- Support audit preparation as needed.
- Assist with general office administration tasks and special projects as requested.
- Conservation Team Support
- Organize/maintain conservation files, manage document retention.
- Assist in setting up and maintaining online grant portal registrations, renewals, IDs, etc.
- Assist with general conservation administration tasks as requested.
- Support smooth and timely Federal, State and Local Government grant tracking.
- Development Team Support
- Assist Membership and Database Coordination as needed in processing donations and preparation of deposits.
- Assist with updating/data entry to Donor Perfect donor database.
- Assist with planning and coordination for Land Trust fundraising events.
- Act as a resource to individuals who may make inquires as to membership status, benefits, preserves, events, etc.
- Share knowledge of and enthusiasm for the goals and work of the Land Trust when communicating with members and others.
- Assist with general development administration tasks as requested.
- At least 3 years relevant experience
- Advanced knowledge of office management practices and procedures
- Ability to quickly adopt use of software and digital systems; Proficiency and experience using Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe products and cloud-based CRM
- Ability to maintain privacy of confidential records, correspondence and/or files
- Ability to operate office equipment including but not limited to computer, printer, copy machine, etc.
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints and manage different tasks concurrently
- Work with accuracy and attention to detail
- Communicate respectfully and effectively verbally and in writing with a variety of people
- Spanish language fluency a plus
- Possess valid, insurable driver’s license
- Ability to sit at a desk, type, bend, twist
- Ability to lift or move up to 25 pounds
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation is commensurate within the non-profit field and is based upon experience. Benefits include generous vacation, paid health and dental premiums, and a supportive team culture. Successful candidates also have the opportunity to join an employer-sponsored retirement plan. This position is a full-time, hourly position. Our office is based in downtown Santa Barbara, CA. Currently we are working under a COVID-19 protocol and following our regional guidelines.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume, and a cover letter, to Lisa Macker at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: Administrative & Operations Coordinator.
The Land Trust for Santa Barbara County is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.