The Scholarship Foundation of Santa Barbara seeks a detail-oriented professional to serve as Executive Assistant. The incumbent will provide direct administrative support to the CEO, and contribute to the seamless functioning of Scholarship Foundation operations. This is a full-time, non-exempt position.
- Serve as the first point of contact for the CEO by responding to telephone, email, and mail inquiries from the public, directors, and staff.
- Provide direct administrative support to the CEO.
- Manage the CEO’s calendar and correspondence.
- Prepare information for the CEO to use in internal and external meetings.
- Compile and maintain sensitive and confidential files as requested by the CEO.
- Provide administrative and programmatic support to the Board of Directors.
- Other operations, events, and office management duties as assigned.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Proficient in MS Office and skilled in MS Outlook and other scheduling software.
- Ability to learn and maintain records in organizational databases such as Donor Perfect, Salesforce, and BoardEffect.
- Ability to maintain a professional and amiable demeanor under pressure.
- Ability to think critically and analytically and use sound judgement.
- A quick learner who is also resourceful.
- Ability to work agreeably and effectively with diverse personalities and work styles.
- Operate with a high level of integrity, confidentiality, and discretion.
- Event planning skills.
- Bachelor’s degree plus three or more years of experience in a similar position.
- Ability to physically move quickly, sit, stand, squat, lift, and go up and down stairs carrying significant weight.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, which may include evenings and weekends.
- Previous experience working with a Board of Trustees or Board of Directors.
- Experience in the nonprofit/philanthropic sector.
- General office environment.
- Open office space.
- Significant telephone and computer work (repetitive movement – typing).
- Travel within the county.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, climbing stairs, bending, and occasional lifting/pushing of light-to-heavy loads (10 lbs. to more than 50 lbs.).
The incumbent must be able to perform each position requirement as outlined in the job description. Work environment characteristics are representative of those that may be encountered while on the job. The Foundation will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Competitive salary and benefits. For consideration, submit a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please.
Leave a Response