YouthWell is seeking high school or college students who have a passion for mental health and wellness. Looking for someone who is interested in growing and maintaining a social media platform focused on improving mental health and reducing stigma throughout our community. This internship offers the opportunity for community outreach and supporting the YouthWell team in the areas of social media, digital marketing, creative design, and in-person community outreach. This person will be introduced to what it’s like to manage a company’s social media platforms professionally, which is a great starting point for anyone interested in pursuing a career in marketing (especially within the nonprofit sector). They’ll also have exposure to how Collaboratives work together towards change.
Responsibilities may include:
(we customize tasks below towards the individuals interests)
- YouthWell Community Engagement & Outreach
- Participate in monthly Community Collaborative meetings.
- Host information tables for schools and local organizations in order to educate the community about available mental health resources.
- Support social awareness campaign (Our Mental Health Matters) & social media management
- Creating, implementing and managing monthly Social Media Content Calendar
- Design social media posts in Canva.
- Post on YouthWell’s social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn).
- Build community engagement, increase followers, set goals and monitor online activity.
- Send eblasts and submit press releases to the media to promote community workshops.
- Brand Ambassadors – re-post & share content to promote wellness.
- Manage social media stats.
- Website updates [Wordpress] • Resource Directory & Community Calendar:
- Help keep online Directory & Calendar current by reaching out to partnering orgs.
- Reach out to partnering orgs & school districts [promote directory/calendar on their resource pages].
- Newsletter & Editorial
- Help with creating, editing, writing articles, and publishing. Manage mailchimp subscribers.
Applicants should have excellent written communication skills, be reliable, creative, and have integrity and a commitment to YouthWell’s mission. Applicants must have the following qualifications/skills:
- Familiar with social media platforms, including Facebook & Instagram
- Experience with Google Drive and Canva
- Reliable – completes tasks by deadlines
- Excellent time management skills – ability to multitask
- Self-motivated – ability to take initiative when necessary
- Good attitude – willingness to learn and take direction
- Access to smartphone and laptop in order to work remotely
- Strong writer – attention to detail in grammar, spelling & punctuation
- Available for 4-10 hours/week (customized to applicants preference) for min of 3-6 months.
- Hours can be worked remotely. This is an unpaid position.
Send resume and cover letter: (answering the following questions)
1. Why are you interested in an internship with YouthWell?
2. Why do you think you are a good fit for this internship opportunity?
3. How much, if anything, do you know about youth mental health in Santa Barbara County?
This position is open year-round. Submit resume & cover letter to Hiring@YouthWell.org