JOB TITLE: Assistant Development Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Development
The Assistant Development Manager serves as a key member of the development department and is responsible for the administrative operations of the department including implementing and managing comprehensive stewardship activities to assist in servicing our donors through moves management processes to help reach fundraising goals. This includes cultivating, stewarding, recognizing and showing the impact of donor gifts. This role will also work to expand the relationship between our donors and Dream Foundation through programs and processes described below. The Assistant Development Manager works well independently, is able to prioritize workflow and coordinate, as needed, with the CEO, Director of Finance and Director of Development. Performance is based upon completion of assignments and results obtained. This position reports to the Director of Development. This is an in-office full-time position. Candidate must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and provide proof of vaccination.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Utilizes best practices to manage donor stewardship efforts by ensuring donors receive prompt andaccurate receipts and recognition for their contributions and
- Ensures all gifts are acknowledged in an IRS compliant manner.
- Manages all receipt processes in Salesforce, including writing content, uploading to Salesforce, verifying accuracy of receipt information, acquiring necessary signatures, printing/emailing and tracking of receipt letters.
- Manages weekly thank you calls to new donors.
- Manages monthly touches to donors.
- Ensures donor requests regarding specific gift restrictions are followed.
- Manages integrity of donor data in Salesforce and works with database specialist, as needed to manage larger projects.
- Provides Director of Development information related to donor giving, stewardship or cultivation, as needed.
- Maintains accuracy for years of giving on donor records and is easily able to create giving reports.
- Manages annual gift receipts for monthly donors in collaboration with DoD.
- Works with DoD on list accuracy for appeals, events and other communications.
- Manages quarterly renewal process of donors in the $1,000- $5,000 giving bracket.
- Manages and maintains confidentiality on donor reports, files and records.
- Provides regular standing reports and ad hoc reports as needed.
- Maintains accountability standards to donors and ensures compliance with code of ethical principles and standards of professional conduct for fundraising executives, according to AFP code of ethical standards.
- Actively stewards and communicates with companies engaged in employee giving and seeks other companies to onboard to increase overall participation.
- Assists in coordinating volunteer-generated fundraising efforts, including providing information, materials and support to fundraisers. Collects stories and photos whenever possible to provide to Marketing/Communications team.
- Assists in event planning leading up to and during events (local or out-of-town), as needed, including willingness to work long hours and/or on weekends, a minimum of two times throughout the year.
- Responds to special needs and requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Performs basic administrative duties such as data entry, typing, proofing, mailing, answering call, review of donor information, and more.
- Meets with the DOD on a weekly basis, and as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Works with Grant Writer and Director of Development to obtain necessary information (primarily Dream recaps) as needed for grant proposals and reports.
- Secondary contact for plaza stone inquiries and requests.
- Maintains accurate records of Plaza stone requests, inscriptions and installations.
- Coordinates with DoD and/or CEO on all stages of stone fulfillment, particularly related to inscription and installation.
- Schedules and supports Plaza walk-throughs.
- Proficiency in Salesforce for non-profits
- Primary contact for donor data including account and contact information, gift details, affiliations, relationships, etc.
- Systematic record verifications and record clean-up.
- Responsible for logging interactions, meetings, critical emails, receipts, and phone calls onto donor records in Salesforce.
- Assist in list management and data clean-up related to appeals and campaigns.
- Track campaigns and provide updates on request.
- Other duties as assigned.
All of the above subject to periodic revision by Management.
- High energy and passion for Dream Foundation’s mission is essential.
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent of experience and education.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in fundraising or the equivalent.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, MS Filemaker) and Power Point.
- Minimum 1-2 years of Salesforce CRM training/experience,
- Experience with Asana or equivalent project management platform.
- Experience with cultivating and expanding donor relationships, or equivalent.
- Strong ability to develop, implement and track development processes.
- Fast learner, ability to multi-task and work well among multiple, competing priorities.
- Excellent organizational, relational, time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, particularly related to communicating and building relationships with donors.
- Ability to work independently and as a team to productively engage with others at varying levels ofseniority within and outside of Dream Foundation.
- Ability to develop strong professional relationships and networks externally.
- Ability to travel as needed.
Pay range for qualified candidates: $56,000 – $62,000
Interested candidates are to reply to Susie Willett at email@example.com with a cover letter and resume.
Leave a Response