Title: Welcome Concierge
Department: Finance & Administration
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Status: Part-time, Non-Exempt
The Music Academy is inviting applications for its Welcome Concierge. This vital position serves as the first stop for all Academy visitors, program participants, and dynamic administration. This is a great opportunity for someone who has a passion for connecting with people of all ages – from children to seniors – and who has an optimistic and joyful approach to helping people navigate their Academy experience. They should exude generosity, courteousness, warmth, and friendliness. A passion for music and our musicians is a plus!
• Welcome visitors to the Music Academy campus and provide excellent customer service
• Inform visitors about daily programs and directions to correct buildings for events
• Answer phones and direct questions to appropriate staff or departments
• Proactively learn about the Music Academy’s programs and activities so that they may answer the public’s questions as an ambassador representing the Music Academy
• Review master calendar daily to understand activities on campus
• Flexible schedule around 12-20 hours per week, with varying shifts from week to week, some nights and weekends
Other duties may be assigned.
The Music Academy of the West values diverse colleagues who thrive in a collaborative, highly communicative workplace. Our administration collectively informs and agrees upon the organization’s expectations for teamwork, including a positive, goal-oriented environment that positions every employee for success. This position is great for someone who has:
• A passion for customer service and excellent social skills
• An interest in music or other performing arts
• An eye for detail and a knack for problem-solving
• The ability to work on a team collaboratively or with minimal supervision and adapt to changing work priorities and schedules
Benefits and Compensation:
This is a non-exempt, part-time position. Compensation is $16 per hour, commensurate with skills and experience. Part-time employees are not eligible for Music Academy benefits. Complimentary tickets to select Music Academy performances are included.
Please email a letter of interest and current resume to email@example.com, using the Subject Header MAW Academy Concierge. No phone calls, please. A background screening will be performed as a condition of employment. All administration, faculty, and fellows on campus must provide proof of COVID vaccination.
The Music Academy of the West is an equal opportunity employer. We aim to create a diverse and inclusive work environment, and we value each employee’s unique experiences and perspectives.
About Music Academy of the West:
Music Academy of the West is a performance-based training center and incubator that empowers musicians to positively impact society. The Academy welcomes everyone from across all generations, cultures, and backgrounds to experience the transformative power of music. Based in Santa Barbara, California, the Academy presents the preeminent full-scholarship Summer School and Festival for classically trained fellows ages 18 to 34. They study and perform with more than 50 exceptional faculty and teaching artists, while forging close connections with the community. The Academy’s commitment to long-term collaborations and exchanges with leading orchestras and opera companies results in unparalleled mentorship and career-advancing prospects. The Innovation Institute explores entrepreneurship and envisions classical music’s future in seminars, residencies, and the Alumni Enterprise Awards, substantial grants given annually for a wide range of creative projects. Launched in 2018, Sing!, a free, after-school choral program for local elementary students inspires personal growth and expression. For more information, please visit musicacademy.org.
Title: Welcome Concierge