SBF is seeking a Donor Relations and Communications Officer to join our Philanthropic Services department, as part our Communications team! This position will report directly to our Director of Communications.
This is a full-time position serves all of Santa Barbara county.
Please review our Job Description below, before applying.
All applicants must submit a professional resume, cover letter and complete copy of our employment application, in order to be considered.
See the bottom of our ad for information regarding benefits!
The Donor Relations & Communications Officer works closely and collaboratively with the Philanthropic Services (PS) and Community Engagement (CE) departments to support fundraising, donor/fund holder relations, through skillful communication, specifically in donor storytelling/writing, SBF website and additional web portals, and graphic design. Additionally, the Officer supports a broad variety of communications functions that promote, enhance, and protect the Foundation’s brand and fundraising, including PR, digital marketing, social media publications, media relations, advertising, and events.
- Engage in the conceptualization, planning, writing, and editing of the Foundation’s donor/fund holder communications. This may include and isn’t limited to, written storytelling, donor/fundholder engagement, and creating professional advisor (and general) eNewsletters.
- Prioritize and develop content and maintain the Santa Barbara Foundations Donor Portal.
- Support and collaborate in the production of SBF’s reports and annual giving initiatives.
- Skillfully work with the grantmaking team to develop concepts for proposals. Take ideas from inception, moving identified needs all the way through to the potential source of funding. Project manage the process of getting all involved parties to the table to produce the final product.
- Ensure consistency in the Foundation’s brand in all external communications.
- Coordinate projects that address the creation and production of marketing and advertising materials according to the communications plan and calendar. This may include designing and/or monitoring the work of graphic design vendors and print vendors.
- Serve as a website and social media administrator, posting relevant content and monitoring feedback on all digital channels.
- Collect and interpret digital and social media analytics.
- Provide marketing support for Foundation events and meetings.
- Maintain electronic files, photo library, and media lists.
- Assists with special projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Genuine appreciation for the mission of the Santa Barbara Foundation and understanding of the issues that challenge the quality of life in Santa Barbara Foundation.
- Adobe Create Suite proficiency.
- Digital and social media proficiency—competency in web CMS; WordPress a plus.
- Competency in Google tools—Analytics, Docs, and Photos.
- Knowledge of Blackbaud’s Raiser’s and Granted Edge Software program highly desirable.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work within deadlines with acute attention to details.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate within all levels of the organization.
- Team player with a positive attitude, can do attitude, e.g., no assignment is too big or too small.
- Ability to address competing priorities in a changing environment.
- Updating of SBF Outlook calendar as per organizational standard.
- Two to three years of advancing responsibilities in a similar role.
- Spanish proficiency preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- General office environment.
- Ability to telecommute, providing own modem, router and internet connection.
- Significant telephone and computer work (repetitive movement – typing).
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, climbing stairs, bending and occasional lifting of light loads (10lbs.)
- Office space in cubicle area with other office spaces.
- Occasional travel in a car within Santa Barbara County.
- Potential travel outside of County (car, plane, train) for seminars or conferences.
- Dog-friendly work environment (well-behaved pets, only).
At SBF, we value wellness and offer a very generous benefits package, including: up to 15 days of PTO in the first year of employment, up to 13 holidays, sick time, 401K with 4% matching in the first year and an additional 6% of profit sharing after one-year anniversary, fully paid medical and ancillary benefits and more!
All applicants are required to submit an employment application, a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Pay is exempt, $60-$65K annually. No calls, please.