**Urgently seeking volunteers to lead informative & interactive in-person education programs across Santa Barbara County
The Alzheimer’s Association California Central Coast Chapter provides programs and support services for patients, families, caregivers, and others in Ventura, Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo Counties that are affected by Alzheimer’s disease and related disorders. Outside the federal government, the Alzheimer’s Association is the largest research funder in the country and offers advocacy opportunities to make public policy change.
Alzheimer’s Association Community Educators are volunteer public speakers who provide Alzheimer’s Association education programs to community audiences.
- Deliver informative and interactive education programs using prepared Alzheimer’s Association evidence-based consumer education programs on a variety of care and support topics.
- Collaborate with local Association staff to expand programs by engaging with and securing community partnerships/ host sites for programs
- Serve as presenter for chapter-scheduled education programs and conferences.
- Strong communication, presentation and adult education skills.
- Comfort with computers and familiarity with email and PPT presentations.
- Ability to network, and collaborate with staff, volunteers, and community partners.
- Passionate about the Alzheimer’s Association mission with personal or professional experience with dementia desired
- Background checks are required.
- All program volunteers participate in initial training and ongoing education and must comply with Alzheimer’s Association volunteer policies and procedures.
Benefits to the Volunteer
- Perfect your public speaking ability and technique while serving your local community.
- Increase your knowledge of Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias.
- Be recognized as a leader and resource for Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
- Join a network of other volunteers, staff and community leaders to help create a world without Alzheimer’s and all other dementia.
The Alzheimer’s Association will provide training, information and electronic or printed materials to assist in your efforts.
Orientation includes online learning, self-study and shadowing or mentoring by local Alzheimer’s
Association staff and volunteers. Some materials are available in multiple languages.
To apply to become a Community Educator, visit https://forms.gle/yiLLrJVj9yiQE3qB6