Associate Director of Development, Annual Fund & Digital Fundraising
UC Santa Barbara, Office of Development
Brief Summary of Job Duties
Under the general direction of the Director of Development, Annual Fund and Director of Development, Annual Giving Programs, works to optimize philanthropic support in response to university priorities established by the Office of Development. As a member of central development, fund raising efforts are devoted to a broad array of philanthropic initiatives, including interdisciplinary programs and other university initiatives, as appropriate. Associate Director assists in the creation, design and implementation of a comprehensive, multi-year, plan to increase financial support from a broad constituency of alumni, parents and friends primarily through phone solicitations, supported by direct mail, text and e-mail solicitation follow up. The Associate Director serves as both a fundraiser and as the associate director of the Annual Fund. The Associate Director is responsible for overseeing all calling floor operations of the Annual Fund to produce strong fundraising results. Responsible for the primary implementation of both the calling and text program(s).
- Demonstrated track record of managing professional relationships in business, preferably in a Development environment.
- Persuasive verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to relate to and communicate with a wide array of constituents.
- Ability to assess and understand institutional needs and communicate the importance of division and donor partnership in achieving the mission.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with donors, volunteers and diverse staff.
- Ability to work collaboratively and courteously with colleagues, partners and the public.
- Ability to work independently, balance priorities, multi-task, and meet deadlines.
- Exceptional organizational skills and judgment necessary to manage multiple priorities and long-term projects.
- Ability to analyze data and develop strategic approaches.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and donor/customer relationship databases in order to search for new possible donors to the University.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relate field is required
- 1-3 years Student call center experience is Preferred
- 1-3 years Experience working within higher education annual giving or development is Preferred
- 1-3 years Proven ability to motivate, engage, and work with students is Preferred
Salary: $75,800/year or commensurate with experience
To review the entire job description and apply on line, please visit: Associate Director of Development, Annual Fund and Digital Fundraising or visit https://www.jobs.ucsb.edu/ job#37688
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Application review begins 7/2/22