United Way of Santa Barbara County (UWSBC) has an exciting new opportunity that will support our goals for United for Literacy initiative. UWSBC has launched the United Learning Center for individuals and students in need of academic intervention, support and growth in literacy. The individual we are looking for will support students with their homework and deliver high quality enrichment activities to school aged children grades 1st – 6th grades. This individual will work with parents teachers and customers to ensure quality instruction and excellent customer satisfaction.
- Provide supervision to up to 23 students.
- Provide homework help and deliver enrichment activities in small groups.
- Ensure the safety and wellbeing of students at all times.
- Make recommendations for learning plan modifications to ULC manager based on the individual needs of the students.
- Ensures all cleaning and sanitation protocols specific to Covid-19 as set forth by the Public Health Department and the CDC are strictly adhered to at all times.
- Prepare supplemental materials for enrichment sessions.
- Maintain a safe and positive learning environment.
- The position is Monday-Thursday from 2-6pm, with prep time on Fridays.
- Up to 20 hours per week
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: From $17.00 per hour
- 4 hour shift
- Monday to Friday