Job Title: Development Executive
Status: Non-Exempt, Full Time
Prepared Date: October 2022
Support UWSBC’s Development Department by assisting in the successful implementation and completion of projects, events, and programs. Under general guidelines, improve fundraising results on behalf of United Way of Santa Barbara County by using fundraising techniques to build relationships with volunteers and employees within local organizations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following and other duties may be assigned.
A. Key Responsibility Area: Development
· Understand and effectively communicate the value of United Way of Santa Barbara County in one-to-one and one-to-many communications including oral, written, and electronic presentations.
· Steward a portfolio of 50+ corporate and individual relationships.
· Use presentation and interpersonal skills to build relationships with employees and top-level executives.
· Utilize fundraising and sales skills to raise new and increased gifts to support of UWSBC’s programs.
· Cultivate ongoing relationships with key donors, volunteers, and partners.
· Develop new revenue generating partnerships to achieve fundraising goals.
· Track critical success factors in account management and report findings.
· Continuously seek to learn, review, and improve customer service and fundraising techniques.
· Participate in individual and development team goals to improve donor relations, maximize fundraising efforts, improve materials, and increase the percent of pledge going to United Way.
· Collaborate with the Community Impact team to provide information and manage volunteer opportunities for accounts.
· Attend and cultivate prospects and donors at United Way functions and events.
· Input, track, and produce reports from United Way’s donor database (Andar).
· Data mine and produce reports on scheduled frequency from the United Way database (Andar). This includes performing data mining operations to generate mailing lists, financial comparison reports, and marketing evaluations.
· Provide software database support with accurate and timely input of relevant information regarding United Way donors and events. Update individual and organizational records in the database for all campaign types.
· Organize, maintain, and routinely update file systems, both hard copy and electronic.
· Conduct research using various resources and compile required reports.
· Assist in the planning and implementation of special events, receptions, award presentations, and Community Impact Programs.
· Oversee the Lunch Bunch program including but not limited to the recruitment of volunteers, follow up with partner agencies, attendance and program implementation at the sites.
· Ability to travel to attend professional meetings and seminars.
· Assist in marketing efforts (print, social media, etc.)
· Greet donor, volunteers, customers, and friends of United Way as they visit the office.
· Other special projects as assigned. As needed, answer incoming phone calls and direct to appropriate staff.
External: Donors, committees, workplace employees and volunteers or as assigned by management
Internal: All staff
Education and Experience:
A four-year college degree, and at least 1 year of nonprofit marketing, sales and/or presentation experience, preferably acquired through employment in a United Way organization; or an equivalent combination of experience and education. Demonstrated ability to supervise and motivate a team of volunteers. Information systems, communication skills, customer service, and data analysis experience required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the described functions.
Job Type: Full-time
Leave a Response