Licensed clinicians are eligible for up to $50,000 in student loan forgiveness because CALM is an NHSC approved site.
CALM is seeking a bilingual therapist to join its Intensive Family Services Team. You will provide intensive therapeutic interventions to children who may be at risk of being removed from their families or caregivers due to extreme stress and trauma. Some families are in the process of reunification after children have been removed or are in foster care placements. To make services more accessible these clients are often seen in the community or in their homes. You will support and advocate for clients as needed in their schools, with Child Welfare Services, with the Probation Department, and with other community systems in which they are involved.
Bilingual Therapist Major Responsibilities:
- Create a treatment plan with measurable and observable goals in collaboration with supervisor, client and caregivers.
- Complete clinical assessment with clients to assess their strengths and needs from a clinical perspective.
- Provide developmentally appropriate therapeutic interventions for children and families. Therapy services are often provided during after-school and evening hours when most convenient for clients.
- Coordinate with other agencies when appropriate to implement treatment plan.
- Maintain cooperative working relationships with parents, families, and clients.
- Document all client, family and case management that meet Medi-Cal documentation standards.
Bilingual Therapist Education and/or Experience:
MFT Intern, ASW, or licensed therapist, from an accredited university or college, or Psychological Assistant.
Knowledge of HIPAA regulations. Experience working with complex issues surrounding children and families preferred. Experience working with Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Model preferred. Previous experience working in the nonprofit sector and training in Medi-Cal documentation standards highly desirable.
Bilingual Therapist Qualifications:
- Bilingual required.
- Strong verbal/written communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Able to work in busy environment, under pressure, without compromising accuracy, attention to detail or courtesy to staff and others.
- Able to prioritize competing responsibilities, with effective time management skills.
- Able to demonstrate mature judgment, initiative and critical thinking.
- Strong interpersonal skills, willing team member and supportive colleague.
- Flexibility, organization and can-do attitude.
- Must have respect for confidentiality; ability to work with discretion and integrity.
- Strong computer proficiency, including Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- Must have valid CA drivers’ license, clean DMV, and criminal record clearance from DOJ.
Our benefits package includes a competitive salary with hourly compensation ranging from $30 to $42 dependent on experience and education. Benefits include 100% Employer paid medical, dental, vision, life insurance for employees plus partial benefits for dependent family members, 12 paid holidays, generous vacation time and sick days and a 403(b) 3% matching program.
Qualified, interested candidates are asked to submit a resume and cover letter.
Leave a Response