Licensed clinicians are eligible for up to $50,000 in student loan forgiveness because CALM is an NHSC approved site.
Calm is seeking an experienced bilingual (Spanish) mental health professional with a master’s degree in counseling, social work, psychology, or marriage and family therapy. CALM Mental Health Consultants receive specialized training to provide mental health consultation services to early childhood education settings through an evidence-based consultation model. In collaboration with consultees (teachers, caregivers, childcare providers), consultants work to promote equity and build adult capacity to support the social and emotional development of the infants and young children they serve, some of whom may exhibit challenging behaviors, and build strong school/home alliances.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Collaborate with caregivers and program to staff to promote equitable, warm, and trusting relationships, consistent routines, and development-enhancing interactions that positively impact classroom and home environments.
• Partner respectfully with families and staff to understand the context and nature of a particular family’s life to enhance the child and family’s wellbeing.
• Conduct classroom observations to assess classroom culture, daily routines, parent-staff relationships, transitions, challenging behaviors and use findings to support staff.
• Collaborates with teaching teams and families to guide developmentally appropriate therapeutic interventions for children.
• Enhance programmatic functioning by assisting program administrators and/or staff in considering their program’s overall social and emotional climate.
• Provide individual and group opportunities for staff to engage in reflective practice.
• Meet regularly with teaching staff and program administrators to review information and feedback about outcomes of, and satisfaction with, consultation services.
• Participate in evaluation efforts and commit to continuous quality improvement by incorporating feedback and outcome data into the provision of services.
• Coordinate and provide trauma-informed staff trainings related to social-emotional and mental health issues.
• Create a shared understanding of the effects of trauma and adversity, including oppression, discrimination, racism, and gender inequity on the developing brain.
• Master’s degree required; must be an AMFT, ASW, APCC, LMFT, LCSW, or LPCC. Graduate students may be considered for this position. Would consider Bachelor’s level candidate with 7+ years’ experience in early care and education.
• A Minimum of two years’ experience working in community setting providing services to young children and families.
• Experience working in either a private or public-school site environment preferred.
• Bilingual in English and Spanish required.
• Demonstrate knowledge and expertise in child development, infant and early childhood mental health, and familiarity with evidence-based practices related to infant and early childhood mental health.
• Ability to have a warm and empathetic interpersonal style to establish trusting relationships with children, parents, teaching staff, and community organizations.
• Must have the ability and desire to provide services that are relevant to the culture of the family.
• Ability to assess and continually improve services delivered as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
• Ability to speak, read, write, and understand English and Spanish required.
• Possess a valid California Driver’s License, proof of vehicle insurance, and reliable transportation.
• Strong computer knowledge, using PC, Microsoft Word and Excel, and Outlook.
CALM Compensation and Benefits:
Our benefits package includes a competitive salary dependent on experience and education. Benefits include 100% Employer paid medical, dental, vision, life insurance for employees plus partial benefits for dependent family members, 12 paid holidays, generous vacation time and sick days and a 403(b) 3% matching program.
Compensation: $30 – $42 per hour DOE
To Apply: CALM Mental Health Consultant
Qualified, interested candidates are asked to submit a resume and cover letter.
Leave a Response