Habitat for Humanity of Ventura County brings people together to build homes, communities, and hopes in partnership with those in need. Over the past 36 years, Habitat has built 72 homes and repaired over 160 more, building strength, stability, and self-reliance and shelter throughout Ventura County. As a non-profit centered in advocacy, fundraising, and service, we are looking for self-motivated and passionate interns interested in creating a more equitable and affordable housing market, while also gaining valuable management and organizing experience. Our unpaid internship program lasts around 3-6 months, depending on your schedule. Habitat Ventura is always evolving and growing, and we are excited to have interns lead that change!
The Events Intern will specifically work on event planning, preparation, and organization. This intern should be a self-starter who will take on leadership roles in fundraising events, be a clear communicator, and wants to gain experience in donor outreach relations. This intern will work closely with our Development & Communications Department and will work on marketing strategy and design.
- MUST be available in-person, all-day on April 22-April 23. This is mandatory.
- Assisting on set up day and event day as needed — in person
- Prior to event, main responsibility will be maintaining auction items within Auctria, assisting with procurement of items (auction item outreach).
- Assisting with creation of the power point presentation shown during the event.
- Other marketing tasks related to the event as needed (social media, website updates, etc.)
- Create graphics and marketing materials for social media, emails, and newsletters
- High School Diploma or equivalent, or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
- Pursuing their bachelor’s or other education/trade
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite and Google Suite
- Must possess strong accounting knowledge, communication skills, and writing skills
- Interest in entering finance/accounting sector
- Organized and detail-oriented
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please outline your interest in interning at Habitat, what Habitat’s mission means to you, and any relevant experience. Internship is unpaid. Academic credit is available for students per their university’s guidelines. Applications close Feb. 9, 2022 at 11:59 PM.
Must be available to start by mid Feb and work thru the end of April.