Habitat for Humanity of Ventura County brings people together to build homes, communities, and hopes in partnership with those in need. Over the past 36 years, Habitat has built 72 homes and repaired over 160 more, building strength, stability, and self-reliance and shelter throughout Ventura County. As a non-profit centered in advocacy, fundraising, and service, we are looking for self-motivated and passionate interns interested in creating a more equitable and affordable housing market, while also gaining valuable management and organizing experience. Our unpaid internship program lasts around 3-6 months, depending on your schedule. Habitat Ventura is always evolving and growing, and we are excited to have interns lead that change!
The Finance Intern will aid Habitat adhere to its yearly strategic goal(s), maintain files and funds, and organize fiscal spending. They will gain exposure to non-profit fund procurement, auditing processes, financial records, and overall financial organization. Tasks include:
- Assisting with auditing and budgeting processes
- Organize and maintain files, including payroll, accounts payable, etc.
- Financial report analysis
- Assist with administrative tasks
- High School Diploma or equivalent, or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
- Pursuing their bachelor’s or other education/trade
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite and Google Suite
- Must possess strong accounting knowledge, communication skills, and writing skills
- Interest in entering finance/accounting sector
- Organized and detail-oriented
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. In your cover letter, please outline your interest in interning at Habitat, what Habitat’s mission means to you, and any relevant experience. Internships are unpaid. Academic credit is available for students per their university’s guidelines
Flexible start and end date (preferably begin in Feb). Applications close Feb. 9, 2022 at 11:59 pm.