POSITION: School Presenter
(Northern Santa Barbara County)
SALARY: $20.00 per hour; paid holidays and vacation; generous stipend, CalSAVERS retirement
HOURS: 20 hours per week
OPEN UNTIL FILLED: PLEASE SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING:
Please submit application with your current resume and a cover letter that tells us why you believe you will be a good fit with the agency and position. Incomplete packets will not be considered.
Applications can be found on our website: www.sbcountyrapecrisis.org
MAIL TO: NCRCCPC
ATTN: FINANCE/HR DIRECTOR
P.O. BOX 148, LOMPOC, CA 93438-0148
- Report to and coordinate with Center Director’s to provide prevention and awareness programs regarding sexual assault and child abuse to students, parents, and teachers.
- Present school programs to preschool, elementary, middle, and high school students.
- Provide crisis intervention to students as needed at school sites: identify children who are victims of abuse and make clear, concise reports by phone and in writing of any disclosures of abuse as mandated reporters under state law.
- Assist with follow-up consultation to school personnel, parents, and students.
- Make clear, concise reports by phone and in writing of any suspected child abuse disclosed through the office, schools or hotline calls if requested by a caller.
- Attend regular staff / volunteer meetings.
- Assist with office duties, staff Hotline coverage, office coverage, and fundraising efforts.
(The above is a brief outline of the main job duties and is not the actual job description.)
- Completion of volunteer / advocate training upon hire.
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to issues regarding sexual assault and child abuse.
- Demonstrated skills in oral and written communication.
- Ability to relate to and work well with children and adults.
- Sensitivity and ability to deal with persons of different cultural backgrounds and perspectives.
- Flexibility regarding work hours.
- College degree or related experience in crisis intervention, criminal justice or social service field.
- Possession of valid driver’s license, current auto insurance, and reliable transportation.
- Fingerprint Clearance is required.
- Bilingual FLUENT Spanish/English strongly preferred and will be compensated at a higher level.
The North County Rape Crisis and Child Protection Center is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), marital status, sexual orientation (heterosexuality, homosexuality and bisexuality), medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), or disability (medical and physical, including HIV and AIDS), and denial of family medical care leave and pregnancy leave. This policy applies to staff, volunteers, and clients.