Habitat for Humanity of Ventura County brings people together to build homes, communities, and hopes in partnership with those in need. Over the past 36 years, Habitat has built 72 homes and repaired over 160 more, building strength, stability, and self-reliance and shelter throughout Ventura County. As a non-profit centered in advocacy, fundraising, and service, we are looking for self-motivated and passionate interns interested in creating a more equitable and affordable housing market, while also gaining valuable management and organizing experience. Our unpaid internship program lasts around 3-6 months, depending on your schedule. Habitat Ventura is always evolving and growing, and we are excited to have interns lead that change!
The Program Intern will gain experience in communication, organization, and administrative support. You will work closely with staff to oversee effective program procedures. As a Program Intern, you will assist with programs, such as the homeowner and home repair programs, that assist low-income families tackle unaffordable housing. Our Habitat Home Repair provides critical health and safety repairs for low-income families and individuals, often seniors, veterans, or people with disabilities. Your tasks will include:
- Conduct interviews and surveys for home repair applicants
- Organize and schedule appointments and meetings
- Research and outreach potential partner companies
- Administrative tasks
- General assistance with programs
- High School Diploma or equivalent, or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
- Pursuing their bachelor’s or other education/trade
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite and Google Suite
- Must possess strong accounting knowledge, communication skills, and writing skills
- Interest in entering finance/accounting sector
- Organized and detail-oriented
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. In your cover letter, please outline your interest in interning at Habitat, what Habitat’s mission means to you, and any relevant experience. This position is unpaid but academic credit is available for students per their university’s guidelines.
Flexible start and end date (preferably begin in Jan – Feb 2022)
Leave a Response