Habitat for Humanity of Ventura County brings people together to build homes, communities, and hopes in partnership with those in need. Over the past 36 years, Habitat has built 72 homes and repaired over 160 more, building strength, stability, and self-reliance and shelter throughout Ventura County. As a non-profit centered in advocacy, fundraising, and service, we are looking for self-motivated and passionate interns interested in creating a more equitable and affordable housing market, while also gaining valuable management and organizing experience. Our unpaid internship program lasts around 3-6 months, depending on your schedule. Habitat Ventura is always evolving and growing, and we are excited to have interns lead that change!
The Construction Intern should be an individual who is interested in gaining construction management and on-site experience. This individual should be enrolled in trade school or achieving their Associate or Bachelor’s degree, and must be 18+. This intern will work closely with our construction team with our new home projects, home repair program, and playhouse build programs. Tasks will include:
- On-site building
- Subcontractor acquisition
- Market Analysis
- Plan reading/analysis
- High School Diploma or equivalent, or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
- Pursuing their bachelor’s or other education/trade
- Must be able to lift heavy items
- Valid driver’s license
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite and Google Suite
- Must possess strong accounting knowledge, communication skills, and writing skills
- Interest in entering finance/accounting sector
- Organized and detail-oriented
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. In your cover letter, please outline your interest in interning at Habitat, what Habitat’s mission means to you, and any relevant experience. Position is unpaid, but academic credit available.
Begin: January 2022 – flexible end date