Job Announcement for Program Director
Standing Together to End Sexual Assault (STESA) is looking for a talented and experienced Program Director to provide leadership to the crisis intervention and counseling programs. The Program Director is responsible for the overall development, planning, and implementation of STESA’s crisis intervention and counseling programs.
Ideally, the candidate has a working knowledge of sexual assault trauma-informed care and an understanding of the short and long-term impacts of an assault. The position is balanced with the opportunity to develop community partnerships to enhance the delivery and coordination of services. STESA seeks a Program Director that is a visionary with the ability to create programs to meet the needs of changing and a diverse community while being grounded in the core STESA beliefs and values. The Program Director is skilled in optimizing staff strengths and leading teams. STESA provides an environment to grow in a supportive environment while meeting the demands of operating a non-profit organization.
Full-time and exempt
Health Insurance, Vacation, Sick leave, and SIMPLE IRA retirement plan
EXAMPLE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, plan, implement, and evaluate all aspects of the crisis intervention and long-term counseling
- Responsible for developing program policies and procedures in conjunction with crisis intervention and long-term counseling program staff.
- Willingness to develop engagement strategies to provide services to under resourced communities.
- Works with staff to develop and implement recruitment and retention strategies for volunteers serving in the Crisis Intervention and Long-term Counseling Programs.
- Researches, prepares, and writes government grants and ensures grant
- Completes government funded programmatic reports,
- Reviews and ensures the accuracy of statistical reports to produce reports for grant
- Responsible for the recruitment, hiring, training and retention of the crisis intervention coordinating staff members and the long-term counselors.
- Responsible for conducting the supervision and evaluation of the lead crisis intervention staff member.
- Networks with Santa Barbara County departments and community organizations to ensure optimal service coordination and delivery strategies.
- Creates opportunities to collaborate with community partners to further STESA’s mission and
- BA or MA from an accredited university or college
- Knowledge and understanding of legal and ethical standards for providing therapeutic
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
- Minimum 2 years of successful management experience with private/public social services
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Experience with participatory management style/organization
- Well organized with excellent skills in time management and attention to
- Background in grant writing and grants
- Working knowledge of the subject of sexual assault (STESA to provide training)
- Knowledge of issues pertinent to marginalized Experience in developing programs that address the needs of these communities.
- Strong computer knowledge, using PC, Microsoft Suite, Internet research and database
- Develop and maintain cooperative relationships with community partners including social service organizations, government and other professional disciplines.
- Attend management, staff meetings and other agency meetings as
- Contribute to an atmosphere of teamwork and mutual respect at
- Identify and utilize community
- Prepare and present clear and concise oral and written
- Write grants and reports to government
- Maintain physical and mental composure while dealing with emergencies, crises, and
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals in person, over the telephone and virtually.
- Valid driver’s license, proof of insurance and reliable Ability to drive safely and in compliance with all applicable laws while on STESA business.
STESA is an equal opportunity employer
This job announcement is not intended to be all-inclusive of job responsibilities—complete job description available upon request.
To apply for this position, please submit the following to Arcelia Sención, Associate Director:
- STESA Employment application: https://sbstesa.org/careers/
- Cover letter
- Three professional references
Forward documents to email@example.com