Job Announcement for Training Coordinator
Standing Together to End Sexual Assault (STESA) is looking for a Training Coordinator to join our team. The training coordinator is part of the crisis intervention team, which staffs the 24-hour hotline along with volunteers to provide immediate support to survivors of sexual assault. The training coordinator offers support, information, referral, and advocacy services to sexual assault survivors and their friends and family. The training coordinator facilitates the 60-hour crisis intervention training for community volunteers on the topics related to sexual assault. The ideal candidate inspires volunteers to get involved and enroll in the crisis intervention training. The candidate can communicate with compassion and empathy to create a safe space for learning and exploration in a group environment. The training coordinator interfaces with law enforcement, healthcare personnel, and community partners with diplomacy and tact while advocating for clients’ needs. The ideal candidate has a working knowledge of the issues related to sexual assault and is willing to learn about trauma-informed practices to support survivors of sexual assault in their healing.
Full-time and non-exempt
Healthcare insurance, Vacation, Sick leave, and SIMPLE IRA retirement plan
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares and facilitates Crisis Intervention Trainings in English & Spanish.
- Recruits crisis intervention volunteer staff
- Interview and screen applicants for Crisis Intervention Training.
- Supervise and evaluate volunteer staff performance during trainings
- Conducts training for professional and community organizations, and professionals who interface with survivors of sexual assault and their significant others.
- Provides crisis and long-term counseling, follow-up, advocacy, and accompaniment services to clients following an empowerment model.
- Provides coverage on shifts and serves as staff back up to volunteers on the 24-hour hotline.
- Conducts case management services and evaluate the effectiveness and appropriateness of the services provided.
- Prepares statistical data for reports needed by funding sources.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- BA required, preferably in psychology, sociology, social work, or other humanities-related fields.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish required.
- Experience in the development and facilitation of trainings.
- Strong public speaking skills
- Understands the issues pertinent to marginalized communities.
- Experience in working effectively with people of diverse cultural and socio-economic backgrounds. Ability to communicate effectively with these persons both in person and over the telephone.
- Accessible by telephone and live within an area to provide a 30-minute response time to the Santa Barbara area.
- Willingness and ability to work unusual and varied hours.
- Valid driver’s license, proof of insurance and reliable transportation. Ability to drive safely and in compliance with all applicable laws while on STESA business.
STESA is an equal opportunity employer
This job announcement is not intended to be all-inclusive of job responsibilities – complete job description available upon request.
To apply for this position, please submit the following to Arcelia Sención, Associate Director:
- STESA Employment application: https://sbstesa.org/careers/
- Cover letter
- Three references
Forward documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave a Response