The Operations Coordinator’s main function is to provide broad support to the Operations department. Under the direction of the Operations Manager, the Coordinator provides administrative assistance, supporting a wide variety of office tasks and serves all departments in the areas of facilities, events and tech support. The Coordinator also serves as the main backup for the Receptionist or other front desk position.
- Provide support for facilities requests including the setting up and breaking down of tables, chairs, ergonomic office corrections, easels and food set-up. Create a project coordination system to track requests and update estimated dates of completion. This includes and isn’t limited to:
- Cleaning of indoor and outdoor areas and furnishings used for events at the Foundation House. Set up of furnishings and equipment, then tear-down and cleaning of areas after event is over.
- Ergonomic and office updates.
- Outdoor furniture maintenance at the SB office.
- Provide assistance with, and set-up for, AV equipment. Help staff troubleshoot basic and common hardware and software issues. Consult with Sr. Solutions Developer regarding related issues or questions.
- Monitor and maintain office equipment, including telephone system, copiers, fax machine, mail machine, etc. Serve as the main point of contact for vendors associated with this equipment. Keep a spreadsheet of contacts and anticipated future dates of service.
- Assist the Receptionist with the monitoring and purchasing of office and kitchen supplies.
- Maintain office spaces in neat order.
- Notate and communicate with Operations Manager when something appears amiss. Identify areas for scheduled cleaning, repair, painting, etc. to ensure office remains professional and aesthetically pleasing.
- Keep a schedule of areas not serviced by office cleaners and ensure those areas are kept tidy e.g. glass windows, exteriors and exterior seating areas.
- Work with Operations Manager to ensure any issues are fixed, cleaned up or otherwise addressed in a timely manner.
- Provide a variety of administrative support tasks which may include and aren’t limited to: processing gift and grant letters, creating mailings, delivering board materials to various locations, proofreading etc.
- Assist with office opening and closing procedures as needed. This may include coming in earlier than normal operation hours, staying later or on occasion returning to the office after hours.
- Act as the main backup for the reception area to ensure effective telephone, mail and front desk coverage. This includes answering the main line, fielding calls and other related duties.
- Support the new employee onboarding process by completing operational tasks as assigned.
- Assist other departments with various items, as needed, and approved by Operations Manager.
- Travel, via car, to North County office to cover front desk, as needed and approved.
- Work with local parking lots to acquire parking for new employees and revise parking procedures as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Two or more years of office/administrative support experience.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and willingness to improve further
- Pleasant and professional demeanor and interpersonal communication abilities.
- Ability to complete tasks and stay flexible amidst changing priorities.
- Ability to stay organized.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others and provide strong internal customer service.
- Ability to lift and move equipment over 50 lbs.
- Knowledge of computer programs and familiarity with MS Outlook and other MS products.
- Must possess a valid California driver’s license, clean driving record and be able to provide proof of insurance.
- Work up to 40 hours per week, flexing schedule based on department needs.
- Ability to anticipate needs is preferred.
- Experience with project coordination preferred.
- General office environment.
- Open office space or shared office space.
- Dogs (pets) intermittently on the premises, weekly. For more information, see our Pet Policy.
- Significant telephone and computer work (repetitive movement – typing).
- Ability to telecommute and provide own router, modem and stable internet connection.
- Some driving travel within the county and occasional travel outside of the county.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, climbing stairs, bending and occasional lifting/pushing of light to heavy loads (10lbs. to more than 50 lbs.)
At SBF, we value wellness and offer a very generous benefits package, including: up to 15 days of PTO in the first year of employment, up to 13 holidays, sick time, 401K with 4% matching in the first year and an additional 6% of profit sharing after one-year anniversary, fully paid medical and ancillary benefits and more!
All applicants are required to submit an employment application, a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
No calls, please.
Pay is $25-$26 per hour, DOE.