We are seeking a Data Processor to join our Finance and Administration department. The Processor will report directly to our Database Administrator.
This is a full-time, nonexempt position based out of our Santa Barbara office.
Successful candidates will be enthusiastic about, and ideally experienced with, data entry and maintenance, grant processing and posses pleasant and professional communication skills.
Please review our Job Description below, before applying.
All applicants must submit a professional resume, cover letter and complete copy of our employment application, in order to be considered.
See the bottom of our ad for information regarding benefits!
The Data Processor provides data entry and data maintenance support for the Foundation with a focus on supporting discretionary grants processing and the Database Administrator. This position will provide expertise regarding the grants database and data entry processes.
- Process grant requests from intake to close, including data entry, grantee correspondence and payment processing.
- Maintain the grants database for accurate and efficient record keeping and reporting.
- Maintain the integrity of the Foundation’s digital filing system.
- Maintain and suggest updates to processes and procedures related to data entry.
- Assist Data Administrator in data cleanup, database audits and health checks.
- Assist with data entry training.
- Provide backup support to Philanthropic Services Department’s data entry needs.
- Participate in staff and departmental meetings.
- Keep Outlook calendar updated as per SBF standard.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially MS Outlook, and Adobe Suite.
- Strong analytical and proof-reading skills.
- Dependable and prompt, adhering to a regular office schedule as set forth by supervisor. This may include regular or intermittent travel to and from the Santa Barbara and Santa Maria office.
- Able to prioritize assigned duties within time constraints while staying organized.
- Self-directed, with a desire and willingness to learn.
- Ability to exercise good judgement, be resourceful and problem-solve to ensure projects are moved towards completion.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills, and willing to improve further.
- A professional, enthusiastic, flexible attitude and demeanor.
- Team player with the ability to work with diverse populations including staff, agency representatives and volunteers.
- Ability to work occasional evening or weekend Foundation events.
- Understand and adhere to high standards of service and integrity; able to exercise discretion with highly sensitive and confidential information.
- 1-2 years’ experience in a progressively advancing similar role.
- 1-2 year’s data entry experience preferred.
- Must possess a CA driver’s license with proof of insurance.
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable relevant experience.
- Experience with Granted Edge or similar database preferred.
- Experience working in the nonprofit sector preferred.
- General office environment.
- Open office space or shared office space.
- Telecommuting – must provide own router, modem and internet connection.
- Dogs (pets) intermittently on the premises, weekly. See our Pet Policy for more information.
- Significant telephone and computer work (repetitive movement – typing).
- Some driving travel within the county and occasional travel outside of the county (via car or plane).
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, climbing stairs, bending and occasional lifting/pushing of light to heavy loads (10lbs. to more than 50 lbs.)
At SBF, we value wellness and offer a very generous benefits package, including: up to 15 days of PTO in the first year of employment, up to 13 holidays, sick time, 401K with 4% matching in the first year and an additional 6% of profit sharing after one-year anniversary, fully paid medical and ancillary benefits and more!
All applicants are required to submit an employment application, a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
No calls, please.
Pay is $22.07-24.75 per hour, based on experience.