PathPoint, a leader in supporting people with disabilities and mental health diagnoses in living the life they choose, is seeking an Office Manager/HR Assistant to join our Behavioral Health division in Santa Barbara, CA 93101. In this role, you will oversee all administrative processes for the Behavioral Health division, which provides a variety of support services to adults with mental health diagnoses. You’ll also be the local Human Resources representative for 40-50 staff and support them with day-to-day HR needs. No two days are the same in this role, and we are looking for someone who is highly organized, resourceful, adaptable, self-directed, and great with time management.
Please include a brief cover letter when applying; we want to hear your voice and why you are interested in this opportunity. Additionally, because this position requires attention to detail and ability to follow directions, resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.
What You’ll Do:
- Oversee all administrative processes and procedures in the Behavioral Health division. Manage telephones, computers, and vehicle maintenance. Coordinate purchases and ordering.
- Perform accounting functions for the division, including managing petty cash and credit card reconciliations.
- Handle reception duties by answering incoming calls and greeting and directing office visitors. Address urgent/crisis situations until other staff are available.
- Maintain various databases and reports. Record admission/discharge information. Establish and maintain client charts.
- Verify Medi-Cal eligibility for clients, resolve Medi-Cal issues, and address client insurance concerns with staff.
- Assist division staff with HR matters, including policies and procedures, worker’s compensation, and benefits questions. Assist with the hiring process, including screening candidates and scheduling interviews. Conduct new hire orientations.
- Serve as the Safety Coordinator for the division. Oversee safety training and monthly safety meetings. Conduct emergency drills.
- Assist with planning and coordinating division events and meetings, including trainings, staff parties, etc.
What We’re Looking For:
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 including booster if eligible, or have an approved exemption
- At least 2 years of administrative experience
- Experience with medical records management preferred
- Experience in the mental health field preferred
- Human resources knowledge/experience preferred
- Must pass pre-employment background check and health and TB screenings
- Must have a valid driver’s license with satisfactory driving record
Why Work At PathPoint:
- Culture of kindness, compassion and respect
- Opportunity to make a difference in your community every day
- Mental health day after 60 days and on 1st and 2nd anniversaries
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, plus flexible spending accounts
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and 12 holidays
- 403(b) retirement savings plan with company match
- Other perks like wellness program, referral bonuses, and housing assistance program
Compensation: This is an hourly, non-exempt position starting at $23.00 per hour.
About PathPoint: PathPoint, a non-profit organization based in Santa Barbara, supports people in living the life they choose. PathPoint partners with people with disabilities, people with mental health diagnoses, and young adults to pursue their hopes and dreams through strengthening workplace abilities, building life skills, and developing meaningful relationships. Founded in 1964, it offers services in five Central Coast and Southern California counties: Kern, Los Angeles, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, and Ventura.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.