CALM has an immediate need for a Grant Writer to research and author government, corporate and private grant applications and reports and to manage all grant-related activities. The ideal candidate has experience with grant or other persuasive writing with knowledge of fundraising sources, preferably with a background in mental health or healthcare.
· Identify, prepare and submit funding applications and grant proposals.
· Prepare and submit funding reports and audit requirements for government grants and private foundations.
· Attend bidders’ conferences and grant information sessions countywide.
· Oversee a comprehensive calendar for all grant-related activities, with support from the Development Coordinator.
· Maintain computer/manual files for all grants and reports.
· Investigate new public and private funding sources that match the goals and objectives of CALM, including state and federal opportunities.
· Write grant narratives and proposal elements in collaboration with internal and external program stakeholders.
Education and/or Experience:
· BA/BS degree in related field from an accredited university or college, plus 3 years administrative or development experience or AA degree, plus 5 years administrative or development experience
· Experience with grant or other persuasive writing, preferably with a background in mental health or healthcare
· Excellent written communication skills.
· Strong oral communication and customer service skills for interaction with staff, funders/donors, donor prospects, volunteers, and others
· Ability to work in busy environment, under pressure, without compromising accuracy, attention to detail or courtesy to staff and others
· Ability to prioritize competing responsibilities, with effective time management skills
· Excellent knowledge of fundraising information sources
· Ability to demonstrate mature judgment, initiative and critical thinking
CALM Compensation and Benefits:
Our benefits package includes a competitive salary with hourly compensation ranging from $28 to $32 dependent on experience and education. Benefits include 100% Employer paid medical, dental, vision, life insurance for employees plus partial benefits for dependent family members, 12 paid holidays, generous vacation time and sick days and a 403(b) 3% matching program.
Qualified, interested candidates are asked to submit a resume and cover letter: