Mental Health Therapist/Counselor (Remote and In-Person) – School-Based Therapy Program (Santa Maria)
The Council on Alcoholism and Drug Abuse (CADA) is hiring remote and in-person Mental Health Therapists for school-based positions at elementary and junior high schools in Santa Maria.
Up to 30 hours per week including some evening and weekend work.
Mon-Friday between 7:30 – 4:30pm full-time and part-time available.
These positions are valuable training for those interested in doing one-on-one counseling and psychotherapy with children/youth. School Based Therapists receive training and experience in assessment, treatment planning, diagnosis, direct one-on-one psychotherapy, case management, family therapy, and appropriate documentation of all those services.
- In-person position work coincides with school schedule (must be available during school hours).
- Position is for the remainder of the 2021-22 school year (approx. 6 months) with opportunity to renew.
- Option for full time 30-40 hours per week or part time 15-29 hours per week
- All positions include paid supervision and training.
- LMFT, LCSW, LPCC or Intern (AMFT, ACSW, APCC); will accept in-progress MA in Counseling/Psychology if enrolled in traineeship/practicum or equivalent experience (for example PPS School Counselor with relevant training)
- Experience working with children and or families (preferably in a school setting)
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred, but not required
- Ongoing individual therapy for identified clients
- Assessment and treatment planning in collaboration with families for referred students
- Communicate with parents/guardians in support of clients
- Support and collaborate with teachers and administrators in advocacy for clients
- Maintain client charts: Completes client assessment, creates treatment plans in conjunction with client/family, and completes progress notes in a timely manner
- Attend school and/or agency required meetings when necessary
- Compensation DOE
- Clinical supervision (group & triad) provided
- $500 signing bonus
- $200/month housing stipend (in-person candidates only)
- $50/week commuting stipend for those driving over 25 miles per day round trip, and $100/week for those driving 50 miles or more per day round trip for full time employees (prorated for part time / in-person candidates only)
- Rate increase for Bilingual (Spanish/English) & for relevant training/experience
All employees who will meet clients in person are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com