Founded in 1985, The Land Trust for Santa Barbara County is a 501(c) (3) tax exempt California non-profit corporation that conserves natural resources, agricultural land, and open spaces for the benefit of present and future generations.
The Land Trust seeks a Membership and Database Coordinator to join our dynamic fundraising team. This is a full-time, non-exempt position reporting to the Development and Communications Director. The Membership and Database Coordinator is a key position in our Development Department charged with supporting fundraising and membership goals, maintaining membership records, and managing our donor database.
• Manage and operate donor database, implementing best practices for data management and making recommendations for efficiency and improvement.
• Create and edit general and customized database reports to assist in analyzing revenue performance and other metrics.
• Prepare accurate donor and mailing lists for newsletters, annual report, fundraising appeals, queries, and other reports as requested.
• Ensure proper account coding of contributed income and conduct monthly reconciliation with finance staff and support as needed in completion of audit.
• Gift processing and records: enter data for donations, grants and other funds received followed by gift acknowledgments in an accurate and timely manner. Maintain electronic and paper records related to gifts and donor restrictions.
• Maintain current knowledge of database through DonorPerfect training services and serve as point of contact for all DP users.
• Assist with planning and execution of fundraising appeals by mail, social media, and online giving.
• Assist in coordination and implementation of direct response fundraising appeals including direct mail, membership renewals, on-line fundraising initiatives, and personalized letter campaigns to major donors and prospects.
• Communicate and interact effectively with Board members, Development Committee, advisors, interns, donors and volunteers via email, phone and in-person regarding donations, receipts, events, etc.
• Provide excellent donor, volunteer and community relations and respond to constituent inquiries and requests in a prompt and courteous manner.
• Provide general administrative and donor/member event support as needed.
• Self-starter with a strong collaborative work ethic and ability to work independently.
• Two years of experience in database management or administration desired.
• Proficient with DonorPerfect or other database, or an ability to quickly learn new software programs.
• Proficient with standard PC computer software, including MS Word, Excel, Adobe products, internet applications and e-mail.
• Excellent organizational skills, accuracy, and attention to detail.
• Commitment to the Land Trust’s mission.
• Spanish language fluency a plus.
• Ability to sit at a desk, type, bend, twist.
• Ability to lift or move up to 25 pounds.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation is commensurate within the non-profit field and is based upon experience. Benefits include generous vacation, paid health and dental premiums, and a supportive team culture. Successful candidates have the option to join an employer-sponsored retirement plan. This position is a full-time, non-exempt position. Our office is based in downtown Santa Barbara, CA. Currently we are working under a COVID-19 protocol and following regional and OSHA guidelines.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and a compelling cover letter, to Carrie Mullen at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: Membership and Database Coordinator
The Land Trust for Santa Barbara County is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Leave a Response