Marketing & Patron Relations Associate
The Santa Barbara Symphony is gearing up for its 70th concert season, and we are looking for an enthusiastic, multi-tasker with strong communication, organizational and creative skills to help increase sales and attendance through acquisition, retention and engagement strategies. Reporting to the Marketing Manager, this position is pivotal in helping to streamline and execute Marketing operations and initiatives, while building and maintaining relationships with subscribers, vendors, and other key constituents and stakeholders. This high visibility position offers an opportunity to have impact and grow skills in a dynamic, and supportive environment.
- Serves as The Symphony’s front office first point of contact and “face” of the organization. Responsible for processing and distributing all mail, email, and phone queries on behalf of the organization.
- Serve as the primary contact for processing all subscription ticketing orders and requests, and serves as the primary customer service agent.and Granada box office liaison.
- Assist in creating, executing and reporting on social media campaigns to drive engagement and reach, including content ideation, image/graphic selection & creation, scheduling posts, and monitoring and tracking engagement.
- Assist with creating, designing and distributing monthly e-newsletter, digital and printed concert programs, event posters, flyers and other collateral.
- Serve as the point person for the organization and distribution of all Marketing assets (images, graphics, documents) and responsible for processing internal and external stakeholder requests.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or commensurate experience.
Compensation: Hourly: $19 per hour, non-exempt, and commensurate with experience.
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:30 am – 5 pm. Some weekend and evening support will be required, but still within a 40-hour work week or overtime pay will be added.
Benefits: The Santa Barbara Symphony offers a generous benefits package that includes vacation & sick time, health benefits and an employee retirement plan option.
Experience Required: Minimum one-year of customer service and/or Marketing Assistant experience.
Skills/Knowledge/Abilities: Experience using MS Office and Google Suite required. Strong written and oral communications skills expected. Interest in graphic design, video and/or audio editing preferred. Experience with any of the following programs: customer databases, design tools, social media platforms, email marketing or content management is a plus.
How to Apply: Submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.