JOB TITLE Marketing Assistant
Reports to: Senior Communications Manager
Hours: Full-time, non-exempt, 40 hours/week with occasional weekends and after hour events
Location: Santa Barbara
I. JOB FUNCTION
The Marketing Assistant assists in the creation of content, messaging and branding that effectively tells the story of the Foodbank’s work in the community. The Marketing Assistant is responsible for contributing content to a variety of communication platforms to inform the community as well as steward online giving, including social media sites, press releases, newsletters and website pages. Creating that content requires creative thinking and excellent writing skills. The Marketing Assistant is an integral part of a countywide Development Department.
II. PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in ensuring brand consistency across the organization and its channels.
- Assist with creating (or coordinate the creation of) marketing collateral in collaboration with the marketing team, other departments, and outside contractors as necessary.
- Create content for and coordinate online giving campaigns, like Hunger Action Month and Giving Tuesday
- Coordinate the ordering of Foodbank merchandise as necessary.
- Write and post content to Foodbank social media sites.
- Maintain consistency and cohesive storytelling across online platforms.
- Create and send marketing and online giving solicitation emails.
- Assist in marketing and communications for Foodbank events.
- Assist in maintaining and updating Foodbank website.
- Oversee the work of marketing intern(s), when available.
- Oversee production of short videos that feature our programs and activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
IV. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduation from a 4-year college or equivalent experience.
- Marketing/writing/editing experience preferred; development experience helpful.
V. SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Facility with social media platforms/WordPress.
- General tech savvy, able to learn online platforms quickly
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team and with various departments in an organization; interact with diplomacy, professionalism and tact amid influential donors and diverse groups.
Interested applicants: Send cover letter and resume to Judith Smith-Meyer, Senior Communications Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org