About the Position: As a highly collaborative partner with the senior leadership team, the Human Resource Manager manages the daily operations of the HR function at the Foodbank of Santa Barbara County (FBSBC). The HR Manager serves as a trusted advisor on HR-related trends and issues, talent acquisition and retention, payroll, benefits, total compensation and policies, HRIS system, and employee relations. The HR Manager protects FBSBC assets by ensuring compliance with federal, state and local employment laws and through partnership with leadership throughout the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Payroll, Benefits, and Compensation
- Manages and executes bi-weekly payroll process; remains up-to-date on and ensures compliance with current payroll law.
- Ensures compensation practices use market data, are affordable to FBSBC, aligned with organization strategy, competitive and equitable. Protects integrity of pay structures and practices.
- Oversees annual 403(b) ERISA plan and workers compensation audits.
- Manages all employee benefits in collaboration with benefits brokers. Evaluates annual benefits offerings; processes employee benefit enrollments; conducts annual open enrollment; educates employees on offerings; and answers benefits-related inquiries.
Talent Acquisition and Management
- Partners with managers to recruit, interview, and onboard new talent, while ensuring a top-tier candidate experience.
- Partners with the Chief People Officer (CPO) to develop, refine, and implement new employee training and onboarding practices.
- Provides oversight of the performance management process, developing consistent organization-wide tools and practices and coaching managers through the annual review process and performance interventions.
- Regularly updates employee handbook and supervisor manuals to stay in compliance with legal requirements and FBSBC needs; educate all staff to ensure comprehension of policies and compliance.
- Serves on the Safety Committee and reviews all safety incident reports.
- Ensures compliance of and systematic review all local, state and federal employment laws and statutory benefits such as FMLA/CFRA/CFL/PFL, ERISA plans, EEO/Affirmative Action, COBRA/HIPAA, wage and hour laws, unemployment claims, workers compensation, OSHA, DOT regulations; conduct periodic internal audits of HR processes.
- Works closely with outside counsel on complex HR matters to determine appropriate course of action.
EDI, Learning, and Employee Engagement
- Partners with the CPO to establish and apply Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) goals and policies related to hiring, compensation, performance management, and other HR practices
- Manages Employee Engagement survey and partners with senior management to develop and implement strategies for deeper employee engagement and retention.
- Partners with CPO to develop employee and manager learning and development initiatives, such as Manager Boot Camps, and sexual harassment and EDI trainings.
Successful Candidates will demonstrate:
- Commitment to understanding and supporting FBSBC’s mission. Shows compassion and appreciation for hunger issues.
- The ability to understand the organization’s strategic goals and recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements, increase productivity, and further develop the HR function within the organization.
- Passion for innovative HR solutions and process improvement; demonstrated experience driving process improvements preferred.
- Stellar internal and external customer service focus.
- The ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent educational or work experience
- 5+ years of human resource experience
- HR Certification preferred
- Prior experience with compensation, benefits, and payroll management
- Prior experience coaching managers in recruitment, talent management, and retention strategies
- Demonstrates a high-level of integrity and professionalism
The Foodbank of Santa Barbara County embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and promote a talented diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential.
Please send applications to Lisa Skvarla at email@example.com