Ensemble Theatre Company (ETC) is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Development Associate. This full-time benefits-eligible position requires someone who has demonstrated expertise in donor development, donor events and managing donor gift processing, preferably within Tessitura. Applicants for this role should have exceptional attention to detail, keen analytical skills, communication and collaboration skills, and demonstrated time-management, and problem-solving skills.
ETC is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion and justice in our organization and our community, and thus we seek a broad spectrum of employees. We strongly encourage and welcome applicants who are Black, Indigenous or People of Color, as well as those who are from other underrepresented communities.
Led by Artistic Director Jonathan Fox and Managing Director Scott DeVine, Ensemble Theatre Company (ETC) presents important new plays and innovative interpretations of classic works for a broad audience. ETC engages audiences with entertaining, compelling, and thought-provoking theatrical productions, develops the community’s knowledge and appreciation of live stage productions, and offers a range of educational programs for young people.
The Development Associate is a key member of ETC’s Development department, working primarily on the processing of gifts within the Tessitura database, donor benefit fulfillment and support of donor events. Under the supervision of the Development Director, the Associate is responsible for daily gift processing & coding, the gift acknowledgement program, ongoing testing and data updates within the Tessitura CRM, and providing general assistance in the facilitation of cultivation and acquisition of donors; including benefit fulfillment and event support.
• Demonstrate commitment to ETC’s vision, mission and values
• Responsible for the processing of gifts in the Tessitura database, ensuring the accuracy of gift coding
• Responsible for the printed and emailed gift acknowledgement process; ensuring timely and accurate, acknowledgements and tax receipts are issued for gifts received, including managing tracking methods for all steps of the process and quality assurance and review for merge data
• Conduct audits of gift processing and acknowledgement systems to ensure highest quality standards
• Assist the Development Director with the articulation of and updates to Development-centric Tessitura operating procedures, identifying opportunities for improvement, including updates to Gift Processing Manual, Version Upgrade, and how-to guides for all aspects of Development activities
• Assist with ensuring the accuracy of the database including constituent records, coding, and consistent data entry
• Assist Development Director with the organization’s segmentation needs through Tessitura Lists & Extractions management
• Assist the Development Director with annual Donor and Member Benefits assessment
• Support Development Director with collaborations across departments, especially including regular reconciliation with Finance team
• Maintain a high level of customer service to both internal and external audiences
• Manage donor benefit fulfillment
• Support donor events
• Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Associate’s degree or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum 1 year of experience in a nonprofit setting (development setting highly preferred but not required)
• Experience working in a donor database (Tessitura experience highly preferred)
• Experience working in team-based environments
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
COMPENSATION – The starting salary range for this full-time position is $40,000 annually. Benefits; vacation and sick leave; paid holidays; and a 403(b) retirement savings plan.
TO APPLY – Please send a cover letter and resume to Christine Hollinger, Director of Development at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the name of the position(s) to which you are applying in the subject line of the email.
Leave a Response