UWSBC VITA Site Coordinator:
During the tax season from February 1, 2023 to April 16, 2023 the VITA/United for Financial Empowerment Initiative provides free income tax preparation for low-to-moderate income working families. The Site Coordinator directs the activities of IRS-certified volunteer tax preparer sites at the Carpinteria VITA tax site. The Site Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the daily procedures of their assigned VITA site including but not limited to quality review, volunteer outreach, scheduling, management and customer service.
- Provides support to the general oversight and management of the VITA site.
- Attends trainings for volunteer tax preparers during the month of January.
- Completes training for ITIN application support. The Site Coordinator will be required to assist clients with ITIN applications.
- Assists with the opening and closing of sites. Ensures adequate supplies are available at all times at sites, including publications, posters, quality review forms, and intake sheets, and that volunteers receive Quality Alerts.
- Ensures that all volunteer tax preparers working at the site have been IRS trained and certified.
- Ensures that all site and volunteer forms are completed and submitted to Site Coordinator/Internship Instructor as required.
- Answers volunteer questions in a professional manner.
- Ensures that volunteers are performing in a professional manner both with accuracy and customer service.
- Checks all returns that are prepared by volunteers for completeness and accuracy.
- Supports the site activities to assure that volunteers and customers have a positive experience.
- Ensures that signed form 8879 and all required documentation is completed for each tax client.
- Completes all e-file for each tax return completed that day.
- Follow-up with rejected tax returns within 48 hour window of submission.
- Represents the program, agency and participant needs to funders, employers, and the community at large in a positive manner.
- Performs Quality Review for each tax return before submitted to the IRS.
- Provides quality customer service at all times to partners and clients.
- Will communicate any challenges/success or issues with United Way in a timely manner.
At least 2 years experience preparing and filing taxes
Must pass the Advanced VITA tax preparer exam before site opens
Exceptional Organizational Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the described functions.
Ability to communicate clearly. Spanish is desired.