This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Human Resource Generalist provides support of the HR functions within the organization with a focus on systems, processes and the HRIS.
- Creates a vibrant cause-centered culture for staff.
- Fosters the development of staff at all levels in the organization.
- Oversees talent management, including staff training and leadership development, retention, recognition, employee communication and career development. Assesses and evaluates training and staff development needs, and develops programs to meet needs.
- Processes, manages and tracks leaves of absence.
- Manage CIYMCA Manage My Y account on link including maintaining updated CIYMCA information, managing the LCDC and placing national vacancy announcements.
- Assists branch staff in the recruitment of quality staff. Ensure supervisor are trained in interviewing skills and processes.
- Ensure supervisors follow onboarding-processes for all new staff.
- Serve as lead for Checkster reference program, ensuring system meets CIYMCA needs.
- Manage applicant tracking within the Human Resource Information System (HRIS).
- Partner with leadership to ensure staff performance goals are prepared timely and support staff growth. Ensure staff performance evaluations are tracked and completed timely.
- Oversees benefit programs, including partnering with broker to secure benefit plan recommendations, benefit plan communication, enrollment and administration. Assesses the competitiveness of human resources programs and practices against the relevant markets and makes recommendations for improvements and changes.
- Serve as the liaison for employees with the retirement fund.
- Track pull program participants, partnering with AP Manager, on a monthly basis, to ensure all drivers are in compliance with the pull program.
- Create and update monthly HR spreadsheets and reports as needed for the HR Department, Accounting Department and branches.
- Maintain updated HR Forms on OPUS, the Associations intranet.
- Maintains updated Employee Handbook, ensuring compliance with laws and regulations related to human resources.
- Maintain accurate and updated files in required areas.
- Serves as back-up for payroll.
- Assist department in training development and design of new systems to streamline HR processes.
- Cultivate a culture of collaboration and support for the branch staff and Association Office team.
- Assist with employee file maintenance in the Payroll/HR systems.
- Ensure compliance to established procedures, policies, and safety standards. Carry out all responsibilities in an honest, ethical and professional manner.
- Remain current with employment laws and regulations. Maintains an effective program of compliance with laws and regulations related to human resources and manages relationships with compliance agencies and YMCA legal counsel.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Leader)
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Ys values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other persons point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
- Bachelors Degree preferred or equivalent.
- Knowledge of State and Federal HR laws.
- PHR/SPHR Certification a plus.
- Good communication skills, oral and written.
- Ability to work independently, give excellent attention to detail and handle confidential information in a professional manner.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Strong customer service and relationship building skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer for extended periods of time and be able to communicate using a computer and phone/smart device. The employee frequently is required to sit and reach, and must be able to move around the work environment.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
EMPLOYEE BENEFITS FOR FULL-TIME EMPLOYEES:
- RETIREMENT: The Channel Islands Association pays 8% of the candidates salary to the Y Retirement Fund, once eligibility requirements are met.
- TIME OFF: Full time employees accrue 10-20 vacation days per year (based on years of service), 10 days sick leave per year, 7 paid holidays and 3 personal days per year.
- HEALTH & DENTAL BENEFITS: YMCA pays for 86% of the full-time employee-only HMO medical premium. YMCA pays 50% of the full-time employee-only HMO dental premium. HMO and PPO options are available.
- ADDITIONAL BENEFITS: Vision, life insurance, LTD and various supplemental plans are offered. Medical and dependent care reimbursement accounts available under IRS Section 125. The Y provides $25,000 basic life insurance and a core Long-term disability plan in the amount of 50% of monthly salary after 180 days of disability, at no cost to the employee. Employee-paid buy-up options are available.
- DISCOUNTS: All staff are offered discounts on Aquatics programs, Sports programs, Youth & Adult Fitness programs, Afterschool and Schools Out Childcare, Summer Day Camp and Date Night & Misc. Youth Programs. Also provided for Full-Time Staff are discounts for Resident Camp, Preschool, and Youth & Government.
- PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: Some positions are eligible for additional trainings, certifications, and educational opportunities, according to CEO/Executive Director discretion.
- BONUS PERK: Full-time Y employees receive a free family membership!
Leave a Response