We have an immediate position available for a full-time bookkeeper a non-profit safety net organization with government and private funding needs full-time bookkeeper. Responsibilities include accounts payable, accounts receivable, Quickbooks entry, processing donor and other financial transactions and entering into Quickbooks. Reconciling bank and credit card statements and earned income receipts. Processing payroll with outside firm. Assisting with compiling and preparing government reporting backup documentation. Invoicing. Processing financial assistance requests. Position is full-time and starts immediately. Workload is steady. We want someone who is looking for a long-term home and wants to grow with our organization. Applicants MUST have extensive Quickbooks experience and be expert at Quickbooks, as well as substantial bookkeeping experience. Salary DOE. Generous time off and benefits.
Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department including:
• accounts payable and receivable
• general ledger
• cash forecasting
• account statement reconciliations
• check runs
• general journals
• Monitor and analyze accounting data and produce financial reports or statements
• Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies, and principles
• Provide recommendations on improved efficiencies
• Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions
• Meet financial accounting objectives
• Establish and maintain fiscal files and records to document transactions
• Advanced computer skills on MS Office, Quickbooks, and using databases
• Ability to manipulate large amounts of data
• High attention to detail and accuracy
KEY ATTRIBUTES NECESSARY FOR SUCCESS
• Have a strong desire to grow professionally and personally
• A resilient and entrepreneurial spirit with a growth mindset
• A true team player willing to roll up your sleeves and do what needs to be done to succeed
• Ability to work autonomously and take ownership
This is a fast-paced job with a lot of responsibility. We have a very nurturing and collegial working environment with a sharp group of hard-working individuals. We are looking for an exceptional employee with good humor, flexibility, and integrity. Attention to detail is key, as is the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and track and meet regularly occurring deadlines. Exceptional references and a demonstrated ability to perform job functions are required. A background check will be conducted. Position begins ASAP. This is not a remote position. Staff member is also required to have a car that may be used for work. Mileage will be reimbursed.
Send resume, cover letter and a list of three professional references to email@example.com. If we feel you are a good match for the position, you will be contacted to schedule an interview as soon as possible. Thank you for your application!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; ancestry; national origin; religion/creed; sex/sexual orientation; gender; gender identity/expression, transition; political affiliation or beliefs; disability, medical condition, generic information, marital status; military/veteran status; pregnancy and conditions related thereto.; or any other characteristic protected by law (as defined by the California Fair Employment and Housing Act — Government Code Section 12900-12996), except where such discrimination is based on a bona fide occupational qualification.
Leave a Response