The Scholarship Foundation of Santa Barbara seeks a detail-oriented and analytical professional to serve as Programs Coordinator. The Programs Coordinator assists the Chief Programs Officer (CPO) in any activities relating to the Scholarship Foundation’s student aid program. The incumbent is primarily responsible for daily management of the Foundation’s student aid program, with a primary focus
on managing student data, awards, and the online application platform.
1. Maintenance of data with a focus on accuracy and efficiency for processing and reporting.
2. Maintain and update processes and procedures related to data entry and management.
3. Play a key role in management of a Salesforce-based scholarship application and database.
4. Manage data processing and application analysis.
5. Maintain key vendor relationships.
6. In conjunction with the Finance Department, ensure that student data is accurately managed. This includes tracking of award adjustments and disbursements.
7. Process award refunds and check returns.
8. In collaboration with the CPO assist in managing special student aid programs such as Honors, Art, and Employer Funds.
9. Work with the CPO to organize and execute the award selection program in order to align student needs and qualifications with donor intent.
10. Respond to student inquiries via phone, virtually, and in person regarding scholarship eligibility issues, enrollment status, application completion assistance, etc.
11. Work with colleges and universities as scholarship award payments are issued, ensuring student and college compliance with Foundation requirements. Including update and review of scholarship communications and reports.
12. Monitor scholarship awards throughout the academic year and support data entry and review as necessary.
13. Assist with Foundation events as required.
14. Other duties as assigned.
1. Competence in Microsoft Office applications (Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word).
2. High-level proficiency with EXCEL.
3. Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
4. Experience and understanding of database design and application.
5. Experience with Salesforce.
6. Organizational and time-management skills.
7. Ability to work collaboratively and as part of a team.
8. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, verbally and in writing.
9. Ability to operate standard office computer equipment and peripherals.
10. Ability to exercise sound judgment regarding access to sensitive information.
11. Ability to prioritize assigned duties within time constraints while staying organized.
12. Self-directed, with a desire and willingness to learn.
13. Ability to be resourceful and problem-solve to ensure projects move towards completion.
14. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
15. Three to five years related work experience.
1. General and virtual office environment.
2. Open office space.
3. Significant telephone and computer work (repetitive movement – typing).
4. Travel within the county.
5. Frequent sitting, standing, walking, climbing stairs, bending, and occasional lifting/pushing of light-to-heavy loads (10 lbs. to more than 50 lbs.).
The incumbent must be able to perform each position requirement as outlined in the job description.
Work environment characteristics are representative of those that may be encountered while on the
job. The Foundation will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions of the position.
Competitive salary and benefits. For consideration, submit a resume, cover letter, and salary
requirements to email@example.com. No calls please.