A Different Point of View
The Mission at A Different Point of View (ADPOV) is to engage, inspire and transform underserved youth using aviation as a launching pad. The vision of ADPOV is to partner with extraordinary leaders and shape brighter futures through aviation, mentorship, and community. ADPOV aspires to create the next generation of leaders. To learn more about ADPOV visit: www.adifferentpointofview.org
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for A Different Point of View staff, programs, expansion, and execution of its mission. She or he will initially develop deep knowledge of the field, core programs, operations, and business plans.
Leadership & Management:
● Ensure ongoing local programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals.
● Actively engage and energize volunteers, board members, event committees, alumni, partnering organizations, and funders.
● Develop, maintain, and support a strong Board of Directors; serve as ex-officio of each committee; seek and build board involvement with strategic direction for both ongoing local operations as well as for the national rollout.
● Ensure effective systems to track scaling progress, and regularly evaluate program components, so as to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, funders, and other constituents.
● Lead, manage and develop staff
Fundraising & Communications:
● Expand local revenue-generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations and regional expansion.
● Deepen and refine all aspects of communications—from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand.
● Use external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities.
Planning & New Business:
● Design the national expansion and complete the strategic business planning process for the program expansion into new markets.
● Begin to build partnerships in new markets, establishing relationships with the funders, and political and community leaders at each expansion site.
● Be an external local and national presence that publishes and communicates program results with an emphasis on the successes of the local program as a model for regional and national replication.
The ED will be thoroughly committed to the mission. All candidates should have proven leadership, coaching, and relationship management experience.
● Bachelor’s Degree
● Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation
● Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget
● Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships
● Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
● Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
● Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning
● Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
● Understanding of the development and circumstances of historically underserved communities, and specifically youth.
● Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
● Spanish Speaking
● Master’s Degree or Graduate Degree Level Certificate
Pay determined at the time of hire.
Apply: Email your Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org