Partners in Housing Solutions was established in 2015. The mission of PHS is to help people who are experiencing homelessness to secure and retain permanent housing through a network of private landlords. To date, the organization has housed over 850 homeless people using a collaborative approach between landlords and social service agencies.
Seeking an experienced leader in the non-profit sector to oversee all operations, functions and activities. The individual will be responsible for providing strategic direction and implement annual goals. Must have a passion for housing the homeless and broad cultural sensitivity. There are offices in Santa Barbara and Santa Maria.
· Develop and implement strategies to promote the organization’s mission
· Create business plans for the attainment of goals and objectives
· Build a team by providing guidance and coaching and by demonstrating effective teamwork
· Direct and oversee development efforts including fundraising
· Act as the public relations representative
· Understand the organization’s financial and non-financial position
· Form trusting relationships with the board of directors, landlords and social service agencies
· Continue to grow the number of individuals housed.
· Proven experience as a leader
· Experience in developing strategies and plans
· Ability to apply successful fundraising and networking techniques
· Strong understanding of finance and measures of performance
· Knowledge of corporate governance principles and managerial best practices
· Good analytical skills and attention to detail
· Excellent communication (oral and written) and public speaking skills
· High ethical standards, good judgment, diplomacy and tact
· Bachelor’s degree required
· Ability to speak Spanish is a plus.
Leave a Response